A Boreas XT Thread

Kowboy

Adventurer
Picked up mine at B & B RV in Denver a month or so ago and thought it'd be cool to have some discussion with other owners ... or maybe perspective owners. A place for us to discuss the good and the bad. Share experiences and pictures. (Ev'rybody likes pictures.) Also to discuss modifications or whatever.

So here goes ... I'll start first:

Bought mine sight unseen based on research on the world wide web. Called 'em up and had 'em slap a deposit on my credit card so they'd move it to the back of the lot and hold 'er for me where irresponsible parents couldn't let their rugrats use it as a playground. B & B was a real pleasure to deal with and didn't hesitate hangin' onto the thang for better than 3 weeks 'til I could get to Denver.

Big day in my miserable life when I was able to finally get my yella jeep down to grab it.

20190717_Take delivery_JK.jpg

Was very impressed first time I seen it. Ev'rythang I'd expected ... and more. Actu'ly bigger on the inside than I was expectin' with more storage than I thought. Got mine with the 33" tire upgrade ... which are dwarfed by the 40's on the jeep. Put me an awnin' and a propane tank on both sides and got one of the ARB enclosures for the extra screened-in room.

Highway manners were excellent on the way back up to Wyomin'. She pulls straight and true. Gonna have to get the thang weighed at some point. I wouldn't want 'er behind a stock 2-door jeep but the modifications to mine allow for smooth towin'. She does squat down the coilovers in the stern a bit tho so lookin' to add some help there soon. Did add trailer brakes to the jeep even tho doubt will ever need 'em. Still nice to have if stuff starts goin' wrong on the highway or trail.

Really like how she's the same width and height as the jeep so takes the guesswork outta trail rides.

20190721_G_Trail shot_JK.jpg

Stern galley's very user friendly but don't offer up much protection for the flames on the stove against the infamous Wyomin' winds. Bought me some tent poles and a tarp for the next trip to try to engineer me a lil' somethin'.

20190720_A_Cooking bacon_JK.jpg

The twin awnin's and the extra room addition are must-haves. Sure glad weren't nobody filmin' me tho the first time I went to set 'em up by myself! It was ugly. After the first trip, I seen a u-tube video deal on how to do it alone and it was a piece of cake on the second trip.

20190811_B_Second camp_JK.jpg

Two trips for a total of 10 nights with 'er so far and I'm a happy camper. 'Nother trip this comin' week and after that I'll report out with some pics of some of the modifications I've done and the more commentary on the unit.

Carry on ...

Kowboy

Adventurer
Thank you sir.

Was sure 'nough hopin' for some other owners to pop up on here but I'll forge ahead anyhow in case some potential owners might end up here with a search engine.

The extra tent poles work great for makin' the end flap of the ARB room into a sunshade. Reckon it's sorta like addin' a porch off the livin' room.

20190921_F_Guernsey 2nd camp_small.jpg

The 40" spare and the fuel cell in the back of the jeeper don't leave no storage space at all. And don't wanna be takin' gear in and out of the trailer ev'ry time I wanna lay down on the bed. So added a Rhino Rack on the roof. Great solution for camp furniture and firewood.

20190921_I_Rack 1_small.jpg

20190921_J_Rack 2_small.jpg

Trailer offers all the comforts of home ... 'cept a toilet. So bought a portable flushin' unit for the missus. Installed some tie-downs on the toolbox so could strap it down for transport. Works great. Also added a Trash-A-Roo since evidently they no longer come with the trailer.

20190921_K_Tie downs_small.jpg

20190923_N_Shitter_small.jpg

Kowboy

Adventurer
Strange that the side door of the trailer didn't line up with the openin' of the ARB room. The door would only open 'bout 45 degrees ... which sucked bad. So slid both awnin's forward 'bout 6". Boom ... problem solved.

20190921_L_Door open_small.jpg

Crazy space in the toolbox next to the bat'ry ... which just screamed for a second bat'ry. So added one.

20190921_G_Second battery_small.jpg

Another aggravation was the drain hose for the sink. Need to hook up a garden hose so that the water runs away from the trailer. No biggie but then the hose stops the sink from slidin' back in and the rear hatch from shuttin'. 'Cept until I went with one of them fancy flat, no-tangle hose deals. Perfect.

20190921_M_Drain Hose_small.jpg

Also added a 2" memory foam topper on the mattress for a bit more cush for the tush.

15 nights in the trailer so far ... and lovin' it.

Carry on ...

Thank you for posting. I ran across itwoverland’s blog about the new larger xt12 and am keeping my eye on that one when it becomes real.

Love your Jeep. Hope you are still enjoying your trailer.

Moving to the top in hopes other owners may surface and chime in.

Kowboy

Adventurer
I'm surprised that other owners haven't chimed in. I know they're sellin' as fast as he makes 'em. Believe forums in general have been replaced with other forms of social media though.

This trailer fits my needs well since it is somewhat off-road friendly and can still be towed with my jeep. Seems most "off-road" trailers end up behind stock SUV's and stay in campgrounds where a fella could easily just park a much more comfortable RV trailer. Or maybe drive down a dirt road occasionally. To each his own though.

WildRig

Approved Vendor : Boreas Campers
I'm surprised that other owners haven't chimed in. I know they're sellin' as fast as he makes 'em. Believe forums in general have been replaced with other forms of social media though.

This trailer fits my needs well since it is somewhat off-road friendly and can still be towed with my jeep. Seems most "off-road" trailers end up behind stock SUV's and stay in campgrounds where a fella could easily just park a much more comfortable RV trailer. Or maybe drive down a dirt road occasionally. To each his own though.

Hey Kowby. Your rig is looking completely and totally rad! I love the yellow jeep and the tan camper! Thanks for posting up here! I've been trying to carve out sometime and cruise these fourms. Thanks for representing!! Also if you do the Facebook thing, we do have any owners page called Into the Wild Overland - Boreas Owners

WildRig

Thank you for posting. I ran across itwoverland’s blog about the new larger xt12 and am keeping my eye on that one when it becomes real.

Love your Jeep. Hope you are still enjoying your trailer.

Moving to the top in hopes other owners may surface and chime in.
Howdy Art,

Thanks for your interest in the the new XT-12!! We are slowly but surely chipping away at this new camper. We do have a real live prototype under construction as we speak!!

dasadab

XT12 looks great. I couldn’t tell if it has in inside toilet/shower compartment. This feature definitely is on my spouse’s list.
That along with a reasonable amount of fresh water. I would say 30 gallon minimum.

nikoli

Had our XT almost a year now. Our biggest mods so far are swapping the memory foam for a sleep number mattress and installing a cell booster for the ultimate mobile office rig. We work remotely in the mountains whenever possible.

Our sink drain hose leaked pretty bad initially. So we changed it out for two sections of garden hose (with proper gaskets). A short section connects to the sink and has a shut off valve on the end. A long section connects to the shut off and drains away from the kitchen. When the rear hatch needs to be closed we disconnect the long section and toss it under the trailer.

WildRig

XT12 looks great. I couldn’t tell if it has in inside toilet/shower compartment. This feature definitely is on my spouse’s list.
That along with a reasonable amount of fresh water. I would say 30 gallon minimum.
Hey Dasadab, The XT-12 does have a wet bath with cassette toilet. We are going to have a minimum of 40 gallons of fresh water and will likely be closer to 50 with on demand hot waterxt-12 floorplan final render.jpg

WildRig

Hey Nikoli,

Glad to have you guys on the team!

What type of cell phone booster did you use? I've been looking for one myself.

Sounds like you already made the fix, but don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need a replacement part for the flexible drain. Not sure if you are on it yet but we do have an owners page on Facebook if you're interested. Here is a link https://www.facebook.com/groups/412460505981506/

WildRig

I wanted to post up this picture. This is our new storage box for 2020 mounted on our MXT model. As a rider of both combustion and pedal powered bikes I'm pretty excited about this. We also designed the new tool box to work on all previous composite campers.

3.png

DrockinWV

Glad I have come across this page! Have been searching the inter-webs for a few days now of all the different trailer options. So far my wife and I keep coming back to the Boreas XT! Shot an email out to Front Range Gear this morning and Trevor mentioned they can have them in stock pretty quickly, for when we make our final decision. Hope to be in the owners club soon, and explore all the great state of West Virginia has to offer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz