A Boreas XT Thread

rehammer81

2022 Boreas XT

Mine tows great but I have the bike rack on the front/tongue and also have the more current chassis/suspension than the one pictured above.
I have a buddy that might be interested in your XT if you do choose to sell. Where are you located?

Todd34

2022 Boreas XT

Mine tows great but I have the bike rack on the front/tongue and also have the more current chassis/suspension than the one pictured above.
Yeah, the ability to put the moto rack on the tongue and the Cruisemaster suspension is why the XT is on my short list. I'm also looking at the Kingdom Camping Adventure Pro Mini. Since he allows custom add ons, he'll add a foot to the tongue to make it more like the tongue on the XT so it will hold a moto rack.

stevo_pct

I have a buddy that might be interested in your XT if you do choose to sell. Where are you located?

I am in Boulder, CO. At the very least I have plans to list the trailer this spring to see if it sells. Feel free to DM me and get me in touch with your buddy.

Jseda3g

Are you looking at the 2024 Ogt 3.0?

Just comparing builds not costs I say Boreas.

Better hitch, suspension, warranty, electronics and most important is the foundation. I.e. Chassis
I'm just weary of having to run such a large drop hitch with the Boreas. With the upgraded suspension on the OGT I would only need a 2" drop. My hitch is at 27".

bstock1

We are running a 2in drop with a jeep JL on 37" tires with a 2.5in lift and our trailer sits level.

PXL_20230827_203412612.jpg

stevo_pct

My Boreas XT sits perfectly level with the standard hitch (I guess there is a 2" drop built into the shape of the hitch) with a stock F-150 with the FX-4 package.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I'm just weary of having to run such a large drop hitch with the Boreas. With the upgraded suspension on the OGT I would only need a 2" drop. My hitch is at 27".

With all the hitches on the market I would hope this is not a deal killer for you as the Boreas chassis is second to none in these type of trailers. Lifetime warranty and all.

la_native

Trying to decide between this and the Offgrid Expedition
Hey Jseda3g

I was in the same conundrum a few weeks ago. After much back and forth, I wrote pro and con lists, many YouTube videos and blogs, read many other trailer manufacturers' websites, and rented Expedition Trailer. These are a few of my findings.
Both these triallers are similar in design, materials, price, and equipment.

I am not an expert on suspensions, but the Cruisemaster on XT seems much more robust, heavy-duty, and capable compared to Pando's Evolution Series Suspension.

Pando has 360 degree Maxcoupler Hitch. The Cruisemaster 360-degree Hitch on XT seems to me much more robust, heavy-duty, and capable again.

Pando has single-pane slide windows, XT has artic dual-pane acrylic windows with built-in screens and blackout shade. There is no light leakage and no additional purchase or storage of black-put curtains.

XT has one 30-gallon tank compared to 2 tanks on Pando, 14gal and 19gal, and I am not switching or filling multiple tanks. The water fill port is on the side of XT.

The small galley fridge makes no sense; going to the front of the trailer while cooking. Running two separate fridges causes more drains on batteries.
Loss of storage space, putting the same Truma Fridge in front of the trailer.

Total Height XT is 80.5" compared to Pando 83" -
Total width XT is 84" compared to Pando 89"
Overall, XT dry weight is 2100 lbs. Tounge weight 210
Overall, 3.0 dry weight is 2200 lbs. Tounge weight 300
Overall, XT Length 192" - Overall, 3.0 Length 166"

The XT's weight, height, and width are lower overall, making a difference on some back roads, driveways, or garages, where a few inches make a difference in getting through.

Pando has one rear 2" tow hitch, XT has rear and front with room to carry bikes, motorcycle or additional Storage box.

XT has brake handle to encage trailer brakes, makes moving around trailer easier, Pando does not have option

Standard equipment like 100w Solar panel, Proplex heater, interior Shelf, 8'x8' Side Awning, Full-Size Spare Tire, and Stabilizer jacks are all options on Pando

Boreas are made in USA, Off Grid Trailers are manufactured in Canada

Off Grid Trailers have many options for add-ons and pricing ,But the add-ons to equip it to Boreas XT base price are over my budget on already expensive small trailers.

After all my findings I decided and I went with Boreas XT. I picked it up on March 25, 2024, It hadles like a dream even over Colorado's moutian passes in heavy snow fall. Everyone has there needs and wants and limitations, The Boreas XT is exactley what I need. Checks all my boxes to facialate my outdoor adventuring.
I hope this helps you or anyone else who is considering to invest in a off road trialer to expand thier outdoor adventures.

IMG_3215.jpegIMG_3209.jpeg

Wrathchild

Just placed my order for an XT with a few options. Spent a long time going through the same process as many and looking at competitors (mainly the OGT expedition 3.0). The boreas came out on top with how great the baseline build is compared to what are upgrades on many others. All the others I immediately had plans to improve. Doesn’t seem like much to improve on with the XT.

EPO

Just placed my order for an XT with a few options. Spent a long time going through the same process as many and looking at competitors (mainly the OGT expedition 3.0). The boreas came out on top with how great the baseline build is compared to what are upgrades on many others. All the others I immediately had plans to improve. Doesn’t seem like much to improve on with the XT.
You are purchasing a quality product. Congrats.

bstock1

You guys are going to love your Boreas xt's. We've had ours right at a year so far with 35 plus nights in it. Just had it out this weekend for our first trip of the year! Many more to come this year.

PXL_20240406_214354042.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne