A big Ford van with Quigly 4x4 near DC

mydianne

Here’s a 2012 extended E-350 with Quigly 4x4 and crazy low miles......

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=566044164

No affiliation

52A3748E-FA45-43DC-9283-58313DDAB15E.jpeg

86scotty

Cynic
I can only imagine how beat to hell it is pushing that much snow

What does that mean? How do you know how much snow it has pushed? It is from DC, not the Rockies. They don't get much snow at all, and none of us know if the plow has been on the van it's whole life.

I'm usually the guy knocking the insane prices of vans these days but I actually think the opposite of you guys here. It isn't cheap but it is a van which CANNOT be duplicated anymore! It is exceedingly rare being a cargo V10 this new. Go ahead, try to find one. You won't.
It's got a 5r110 and it's an E350 Ford. In a word, it's robust, and basically new.

The plow is probably lighter than a lot of the winch bumpers, motorcycles, etc. that we bolt to E series vans.

I'm betting it will sell for nearly the asking price and it won't take long.

eporter

Adventurer
It’s not the weight of the plow, it’s the abuse a plow vehicle takes from pushing the plow into who knows what kind of things that shock and bump and jolt all the joints and such. I had buddies in upstate NY who burnt through plow trucks every few years. “Low miles” but boy were they some rough ones!

This van may have just plowed a tiny driveway once a year. Who knows? I still think it’s not the best marketing ploy to show it with a plow setup. It IS a good van combo, for sure.

quickfarms

Adventurer
Growing up I saw a lot of trashed plow trucks.

Any 4wd that we even considered buying was examined to see if a plow was ever mounted. If it was the holes in the frame were never round.

The other thing not mentioned is plow trucks spend a lot more time exposed to the road salt than the average vehicle and tend to be rust magnets.

Last edited:

billiebob

For all the guys critical of plowing snow, plowing snow is far easier than towing or driving on gravel. sheesh
looks like a mighty clean unit.... altho $45K seems over the top...... but obo covers that dream price
sell the plow fer $5K

I live in snow county, snow is one of the softest things a vehicle can run into.

DSC_00873320.jpg

DSC_0003.jpeg

DSCN2163.jpeg

Last edited:

eporter

Adventurer
Snow is soft, until it’s frozen into blocks of ice, or gets wet and heavy. I’ll take the bumps of towing on a gravel road over the shocks and jolts and damage of plowing into curbs, grates, expansion joints, frozen snowbanks, etc. Not to mention transmission issues from repeatedly slamming into a snowpile, reversing, repeating, and overheating.

I see you used a snowblower on your driveway...

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
What does that mean? How do you know how much snow it has pushed? It is from DC, not the Rockies. They don't get much snow at all, and none of us know if the plow has been on the van it's whole life.

I'm usually the guy knocking the insane prices of vans these days but I actually think the opposite of you guys here. It isn't cheap but it is a van which CANNOT be duplicated anymore! It is exceedingly rare being a cargo V10 this new. Go ahead, try to find one. You won't.
It's got a 5r110 and it's an E350 Ford. In a word, it's robust, and basically new.

The plow is probably lighter than a lot of the winch bumpers, motorcycles, etc. that we bolt to E series vans.

I'm betting it will sell for nearly the asking price and it won't take long.

As for snow and a plow I still stand by it's not for me... and I would direct clients in a different direction. We could build a low mile 2x4 Van for less. And do it all the time.
We've done 6 V10 E350 this year all with 25K or less, which we've converted to 4x4 and built out. Tim at Timberline seems to always be doing V10s in the same range milage wise so they are still out there... If someone wants to pay $45k for a van like this then business for us is just gonna get better and it's already like shoting fish in a barrel. To each their own, on if this unit is worthy of it's price. I've seen way to many vans that look clean, but when you get into the nitty gritty they've just put lipstick on a pig, with the low mile it's probaby not the case... but I just don't see a low mile quigley being worthy of this price. $35K yes $45K no I'd pass.

weissbrewer

Observer
If it plowed in Dc in an industrial area....not too much worry there. I live in NH and my ram 3500 plows a ton of parking lot at my restaurant and rental properties and 10 years later my front end is still pretty tight. I would hazard a guess if the operator was careful and not abusive it is probably fine. like mentioned earlier sell the plow and put the cash into any repairs needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles