A 2004 Tacoma grows up

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Well it has been a fun journey - learning - reading - wheeling - meeting - and spending cash :D

I started with a new 2004 Tacoma with 50 miles - it now sports 50K

view various photos HERE

I have installed over several months -Demello tube bumpers/sliders - Warn 9000xp winch - Amsteel synth rope - Alum fair-lead - Donahoe coil-overs - Deaver spring pack - Bilstein 5150 shocks - 255/85 R16 BFG MT/KO's - American Racing 797 Steel 16x8" wheels - Safari Snorkel - Engel 45 fridge/Freezer - Dual Optima Yellow tops - Hell Roaring battery switcher/isolator - 12-volt aux. plugs - Husky Liner mats - Line-x bed-liner - Custom tire/jack mount - Tent Rack - Maggolina Roof top tent - Nato water cans - Expedition Exchange nato can mounts -Garmin 276C GPS - XM SkiFi - iPod - Cobra 19dx CB

Next up - Helton Water heater/Shower ( on order) - Downey Aux. gas tank - Re -gearing front and back - ARB Locker up front - remote fridge temp gauge - Assorted clamp mounts on the tent rack - a few more recovery items - Spare parts - Rack behind the driver seat for electronics - bed drawer system ( maybe) ;)

IMG_0809.jpg

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
People on this site are producing the most impressive expedition-ready Tacomas I've ever seen. This is surely one of them.

Suty

Adventurer
DD, I must agree with John. "I'm not worthy" Your Taco is a really well thought out and super clean. Scott and you have set the Bar High for the rest of us. I hope to get myself there in the future. Like Harleys you can never finish with your mods. Tu Compa, Suty

Attachments

• 77 f250.jpg
    77 f250.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 0
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Dude!.......SWEET!!!!

Very SWEET RIG Dude! :Wow1:

Great job! :cool:

Now excuse me while I go wype the drool off my face!!!!....hehe

Attachments

• IMAG0001.jpg
    IMAG0001.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    540.1 KB · Views: 1

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Really nice rig. I was just talking about a rack like that one on your bed. I want mine to come back all the way to the tail gate and have a canvas cover. I would also love a tent like yours. My challenge is that boating is such a big part of my existance I can't go with out my canoe.

Once again that is some great outfitting.

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys!

Maggiolina makes a new model ( which I did not want to wait for) that is slightly higher by 2" and has rack mounts on top for such things - it is called the Grand Tour - autohome.us is importing as we speak and the container should arrive in Nov sometime.

The Airland tent ( you see above) will be discontinued and replaced with a less expensive model the Airlander - and the upgraded Grand Tour

I am desperately trying to keep my CG as low as I can - with the spare tire- water cans- and soon to be Aux Gas tank I should be back in balance.

After a short camping trip last weekend - the Maggiolina is a real high class way to sleep outdoors - the mattress it comes with and the pillows are first class comfort - The bedding all stays inside the shell- along with a few clothes - I can now enjoy a great nights sleep anywhere anytime.

Attachments

• IMAG0460.jpg
    IMAG0460.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0459.jpg
    IMAG0459.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0458.jpg
    IMAG0458.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0474.jpg
    IMAG0474.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 0

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Those are quite slick! Too bad we already have a decent tent and too bad we don't get to even use it enough.

BTW DD, your rig sure has come a long way! :ylsmoke:

Attachments

• IMG_20121110_173855.jpg
    IMG_20121110_173855.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 1
  • Austin bday 2011 044.jpg
    Austin bday 2011 044.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 6

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Wow - I like all the new stuff since the last time I saw it! Very well rounded! I love those Maggiolinas - very cool.

FYI - it is my understanding that you can use a drill motor to make cranking the tent up as easy as pie - might be a cool trick for you since you probably have a drill motor in that toolbox pretty often ;)

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Thanks Chris ;) I am on the road more than I am home. The Tacoma has been a great asset to me

here's a funny story - I was at CSC trail clean up at Fossil Springs we we all hanging out and talking - I decided to offer a show and tell on the tent - the second I pulled out the crank - 12 guys said in unison -"you can hook that up to a battery drill" and they are saying this to a guy who builds for a living and has a Dewalt in his hands more than a fork :)

Moral of the story - I decided some things are left to the romance of a hand crank :sunflower

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
it was a "tool time" moment for sure :victory:

Thanks for checking in :wavey:

Attachments

• 20120901_161515.jpg
    20120901_161515.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20120903_103418.jpg
    20120903_103418.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 0

VikingVince

Explorer
DD,

Damn...that truck is lookin really cool...and all those great mods...we sure know how to spend our money, don't we? :Wow1:

I really like seeing the Maggiolina...I think you're the only dude on this forum or 4wdtrips that has one. I've liked them for years...

Funny hand crank story!!!...some things are just better done by hand (hehe)........

Attachments

• sedona.jpg
    sedona.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 5
  • canyonlands.jpg
    canyonlands.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 7
  • glacier.jpg
    glacier.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 6
  • baja.jpg
    baja.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 6
  • baja1.jpg
    baja1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 6
  • baja2.jpg
    baja2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 5
  • baja4.jpg
    baja4.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 4
  • baja5.jpg
    baja5.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 4

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
I am ordering up a pair of new 10 Leaf Deavers from Demello-offroad along with new U bolts - I hope to get those installed before the SnT trip next month - Then I will be able to complete the aux fuel tank and load it up anything I need in the bed and still have some flex

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles