99fg window crank

kerry

Expedition Leader
Anybody replaced one. Mine seems stripped. Service manual has details on windshield and back window but zero on door windows

kerry

Expedition Leader
Got it all apart. Regulator is not a scissor mechanism but a carriage on a rail attached to the bottom of the window and is moved up and down via a cable mechanism. Mine is now working properly but I don’t know why. It seemed like the inner end of the handle shaft was stripped inside the door. It must attach to a larger geared wheel which is visible. But the attachment of the handle shaft to that wheel is not visible even with an inspection camera. I lubricated the carriage. But it is still a mystery why the handle was turning but the window not going up. It looks like it would be a serious PIA to replace the regulator

kerry

Expedition Leader
Here’s a link for a Mitsubishi Colt regulator replacement. It will be similar for the Fuso manual regulator.

canter tourer

Adventurer
Not sure why yours is failing but they are a pretty simple system.

When i bought mine years ago the window had been wired up with fencing wire to keep it up!! I had initially assumed the spline in the plastic handle had stripped and was surprised to find the butcher fix once i pulled the door trim off. Was a sweaty drive home with no opening window.

I bought a replacement mechanism and it was relatively easy to fit, just need to be careful that the glass doesnt drop or it may break, but it's not hard to do and the new regulator was relatively cheap.

If its working again then all good, if not I'd be replacing the regulator and be done with it. Good luck.
Dave

kerry

Expedition Leader
Thanks. I can get a new regulator for $140. One of the nuts on the bolts attaching the existing regulator appears to be cross threaded. It looks like putting a lot of torque on that nut to remove it would put a lot of stress on the glass. But it’s odd that it seems to be working fine now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier