99' XJ: Slowly Going Down Under.

MCObray

Explorer
Might have stumbled upon a set this morning on CLs for $80. They appear to be in great shape with all center caps included.
5L45Kc5H43G63M83L8c2i2e841b1d51ab19d2.jpg

Last edited:

Bdiddy11

Adventurer
Personally, I hate those wheels =) but, it's your Jeep and your look.

We've got those on my wife's Cherokee and once I find another set... my Icons will be going on hers most likely.

I really like the look of the 10 spoke Cherokee wheels, but painted black.

MCObray

Explorer
nice choice!

Thanks buddy. I look forward to getting them painted and mounted here soon!

Personally, I hate those wheels =) but, it's your Jeep and your look.

We've got those on my wife's Cherokee and once I find another set... my Icons will be going on hers most likely.

I really like the look of the 10 spoke Cherokee wheels, but painted black.

Ah, it's all good. The cool thing about a Jeep/Any vehicle, is that you have the ability to make it yours and unique. I went with these wheels for the bland/original ExPo look and the ability to beat it back into relative shape if need be. Where as an aluminum wheel would just break and be done-for. I like my Ravines, but I was getting really bored with them and they started to look too "flashy" for my liking. I aspire to be different and I have yet see to any +97 XJ with these wheels painted white, or original finish with a small amount of lift. I think these wheels will certainly accomplish the look I am going for.

Icons are very cool, and you don't see them around a lot. I didn't want a 16" wheel because they charge quite (for tire sizes) a bit compared to a 15" wheel. Either way i'm sure they will look good.

I cannot stand black wheels, with the exception of some wheels. 10 spoke/8 Hole can be seen on practically any vehicle, especially in black. WAY to common for my liking, but again it goes back to each their own. If you like it, that's all that matters!

Those are my first choice for Jeep wheels as well.
The Ravines or the newly acquired Sawblades?

Nathant78

Observer
i looked at painting my rims white. the hammertone in white didnt look all that white to me.
friend of mine just did his rims in spray in a can bedliner. im waiting to hear back from him on how it handles with the extra weight of it.

MCObray

Explorer
i looked at painting my rims white. the hammertone in white didnt look all that white to me.
friend of mine just did his rims in spray in a can bedliner. im waiting to hear back from him on how it handles with the extra weight of it.

The wheels are little scuffed up here and there, so that's why i'm leaning towards re-painting them. I'm not sure how it would look with the original finish it has now. Bedliner... interesting.

Just read through your whole thread. Nice, clean XJ. I like it. And our PNW scenery is indeed awesome...

Thanks man. Absolutely, there are so many trails/roads to explore in this region.

X2. great thread!

Hey buddy, thanks for the comment. I just wish I had a career-job where I could add a few more sweet accessories to this XJ! In due-time though...

MCObray

Explorer
Here is a better pictures of the wheels that I recently picked up. I got in touched with a man who does sand-blasting and painting and I was quoted somewhere from $30-$60 a wheel. Not sure if I should or not. I am going to clean up these wheels as bet as I can in order to get an idea of their original finish.
429136_400450209971455_100000194372985_86728714_340065801_n.jpg

MCObray

Explorer
Seems like a bit much. I say just sand the suckers and paint them yourself... but I am indeed a cheapskate :')

Yeah I sort of cringed at the quote, but I want things to be done right so i'm on the fence. If I can find a good write-up on painting wheels, I feel confident enough to get the job done and it be done right. There is a cheapskate is all of us lol.

MCObray

Explorer
Picked up another set of saw-blades that appear to be in better shape than the one I originally picked up last week. I only paid $50 for this set, which appear to be in mint-shape. I will end up keeping one wheel from the other set so that I can have a matching spare. I'll be cleaning these up extensively tomorrow so more pictures soon... Pumped!
From CL ad:
tn.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94