99 Vortec 5.7 ... stupidity problem

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Hey all:

I’m suffering from a possible case of cranial-rectal-insertion. Maybe you can help me out?

About a year ago I took apart a 99 Suburban with a 5.7 Vortec. Now I’m trying to get it back on the road and can’t seem to properly place the wiring harness brackets that appear to bolt to the bell housing studs and the intake studs. I have 2, and they are extremely similar but not actually the same. One appears to be bent... not sure if it should be. I know one goes on the passenger side and “wraps around” the coil mount. I’m not sure where the other goes, or even IF it goes? I’m sort of remembering that I might have ended up with another bracket attached to one of the 1/2 dozen heads I bought trying to get this engine operating again.

So...

1) Does anyone have a photo or diagram of the wiring harness layout on the engine?
2) Does anyone know if there IS supposed to be a bracket on the drivers side?
3) Should I just light this thing on fire and push it into the abyss?
4) Is anyone else thinking about a long term project and wondering how to recover from it right now? Don’t be me!

I even went to the junkyard today trying to get photos and can’t seem to see in the dirty mess that is the junkyard trucks what is up.

Save me from myself?

Thanks!

Nate

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Pictures please. I've done enough Vortec intake jobs I could probably tell you just from looking at them. I know there is a big one that the wiring harness/spark plug wire go on that was always a pain to remove when doing tuneups or intake reseals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz