99 Jeep XJ Intro and expedition "build" attempt! Plus some restoration.

ThePartyWagon

Thanks! Its basic sherpa from a Joanne fabrics store. Ill post some pics of the headliner getting fixed.
Please do, I need to come up with something to replace my saggy headliner, go as factory as possible or something a little more out of the box like yours. How did it stretch and did it fit nicely around the curves in the headliner? Did you use spray adhesive and do you think the weigh of the sherpa fabric will hold throughout humidity?

HercDriver

Adventurer
I removed the headliner and took a bunch of wire brushes and scraped all the old "foam" or whatever it is off. I vacuumed the whole thing. I sprayed 3M super 77 adhesive all over and waited for it to tack and with the help of my wife we laid it out over the headliner (see pics).

With the other pieces I just removed the felt or headliner from each individual piece and carefully disassembled them. It was pretty tedious but I just went slow and saved the small screws and such.

I also too the time to install my midland GMRS readio into the overhead console and add LED lights (highly highly recommend if youre an XJ owner).

Please do, I need to come up with something to replace my saggy headliner, go as factory as possible or something a little more out of the box like yours. How did it stretch and did it fit nicely around the curves in the headliner? Did you use spray adhesive and do you think the weigh of the sherpa fabric will hold throughout humidity?

HercDriver

Adventurer
Its a knock off Im pretty sure. I got it off facebook marketplace. Someone local was selling it. You can get the exact one off Amazon or Ebay. Just look for one that looks like mine. Usually theyre around 80-110 bucks.

What brand snorkle is that? I wanna get one for my 91 xj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94