'98 Gen 2.5 Winter Package: Animal

MasterofMuppets

I've been watching the boards over the past year, and finally found a Pajero of my own:20190112_161939-03.jpeg
1998 Winter Package, sitting on 31x12.5 r15 tires. It's not without its issues given it's over 20 yrs old, but I'm looking forward to building this out and using it as my overlanding/camping rig. I want to cover the bases with the first maintenance, like valve work/timing belt/updated crankshaft bolt/etc. More pics and details coming soon, just psyched that I finally have one of my own!

PacS14

Adventurer
Congratulations on your new-to-you rig! Looks just like mine when I first got it, except is missing the roof rails, which hopefully means the holes were sealed correctly and you should be ready for a roof rack! Yeah get the maintenance done, my Monty didn't need valve stem seals when I did the timing belt and now I got to do it along with the tune up. Keep us posted of your progress, search, ask, and share your journey with us.

SONICMASD

Adventurer
Welcome to the family! Good plan to start with all the maintenance stuff before building it up for 4x4ing. Be sure to use the OEM stuff for the timing belt job.

zerodrift

Adventurer
That looks just like mine- bit faded, but rather clean on the outside. Good luck with the project!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

MasterofMuppets

A bit of a setback today, had a breakdown while running errands and had to tow it home:
20190223_162330.jpg

I drove down the street, then felt suddenly sputtering and lots of rattling, then it just shut off. I was able to coast it into the Autozone parking lot, but it looks like the engine seized up.

I got it towed home, but now I'm weighing my options about how to replace the engine - money's tight right now and I might have to sit on it for a while until I get the cash for an engine.

PacS14

Adventurer
A bit of a setback today, had a breakdown while running errands and had to tow it home:
View attachment 501426

I drove down the street, then felt suddenly sputtering and lots of rattling, then it just shut off. I was able to coast it into the Autozone parking lot, but it looks like the engine seized up.

I got it towed home, but now I'm weighing my options about how to replace the engine - money's tight right now and I might have to sit on it for a while until I get the cash for an engine.

This sucks man! Hopefully you have a solution that works for you, either replace the engine or get another vehicle, let us know what you decide.

MasterofMuppets

I definitely wanna replace the engine, not giving up on it. I'm starting my search for an engine, calling around to a few yards to see what's out there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles