97 TJ flasher relay buzzzz....

Azrunner27

Observer
hello all...so recently my tj has gotten the relay buzz when using the turn signals. this is causing my breaklights and blinkers to not work. i tried replacing the relay but it still does it. and ideas on what to do, if you are looking out the window sitting in the passengers seat the relay is on the right side under the knee pannell and if i put my hand on the relay i feel it buzz.....any ideas???!!! thanks in advance!!

b52

I had the same issue when I replaced my relay flasher on my 2000 XJ. Make sure that the connection is nice and tight. Did you replace it with a OEM relay flasher from the dealer? Or is it a Stanton/other make after market flasher? Are you using standard bulbs or l.e.d's? I found, that if you are using l.e.d's that you may experience this and in the odd case, if you use the Stanton flashers, that you may have the same issue. Go back to the connection, clean it out with some electrical cleaner and make sure the connection is nice and tight.

Hope this info helps.

- Thane

Azrunner27

Observer
i replaced the relay twice no luck.....replaced fuses and no luck.....replaced the while hazord/turn signal no luck....im running out of ideas. The only led's i use are in the front turn signals. I think i might just take it into get looked at tomorrow. Any other ideas let me know!!!

PhulesAU

Explorer
It "COULD" still be the flasher type. As with all things electrical, if things aren't perfect sometimes....... Is the current flasher mechanical or electronic? The mix of led and incandescent, may just be at the verge of fooling the flasher into thinking a bulb is burned out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior