97' T100 Traveler Build

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Went with NW Trail Innovations weld together kit, its currently in about 30 pieces waiting for the fab shop. Not very many options for T100 bumpers. I wanted to go light and custom but convenience played a key role here.

http://nwtrailinnovations.com/bumpe...umpers/toyota-T100-1993-1998-winch-bumper-kit

Ordered it for a 1" body lift and added the recessed light mount option. I'm going to add my own stinger, not a fan of theirs.

Last edited:

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Same reasons I went with this bumper. Doesn't stick out very far at all, maybe 4 inches more than stock. I laid out all the pieces to check fitment and all seems good. The internal frame and mount are keyed for easy mock up. I'll find out for sure once its built but it appears from the pictures that the approach angle should still be good. Got the fab shop booked in a week, I'll post when its welded up!
I can pm you a pic of all the pieces if you want.

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Same reasons I went with this bumper. Doesn't stick out very far at all, maybe 4 inches more than stock. I laid out all the pieces to check fitment and all seems good. The internal frame and mount are keyed for easy mock up. I'll find out for sure once its built but it appears from the pictures that the approach angle should still be good. Got the fab shop booked in a week, I'll post when its welded up!
I can pm you a pic of all the pieces if you want.

That would be awesome

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Been storming a ton the past couple of days bringing over 2 feet in a couple days. Going skiing tomorrow and be back at the build something around next week! Thanks followers, build on!

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Finally got my rear lights wired up with a 20a relay for security. Post pictures when it stops snowing.

Building my suspension/steering parts before my lift install. Just need some nice weather, just don't see it happening for another couple weeks.. blahhh

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
ToyTec IFS Bal Joint

Picked up some brand new upper ball joints for my install. 20160430_133856.jpg
Pressed the studs out with a vise to install the new studs.20160430_140451.jpg
The new nuts and washers along with spacer.
20160430_140942.jpg

Cannot wait to get this install done. Keeping my old bjs as they are still pretty good. Just installed new inner/outer tie rods along with adjusting sleeve.

ToyotaRoamer86

Adventurer
Finally installed my rear add-a-leaf 2". I measured at 36 1/2" from the floor to the rear fender well. After install it went to 38 1/2". Looks great and rides soo much better! Now for 33's to fill the gap!:wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online