97 RADIATOR replacement PARTS list HELP

jonyotten

gents!
new poster here. studying the fiche and waiting on the FSM to arrive.
anyone know what i need to do while i am doing a radiator? new fan clutch? motor? is there a BLUE clutch?
do i also replace the FAN BLADE itself since it is old and brittle?
do i do a new FUEL FILTER?
i’m a new wrench and would love to get a little help getting my 97 LX 450 baselined.
THANKS in advance
jon

NOTE: advance apologies to the mods. if this is not the right website or forum for wrenching questions like this please feel free to move or advise as to where to post. tha k you!

Izzy1

Izzy
Depends on your location, mileage, and condition of the truck. A radiator change should be fairly simple. If the coolant is old, flush it out, and flush the heater core to remove any debris. Then add fresh coolant and water when the new radiator is in. Check the hoses and the belts as they will be easy to see with the radiator out.

The_Dude

Adventurer
Great time to do belts and fan clutch and radiator hoses as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brentbba

Explorer
Absolutely replace all the hoses you are removing when you replace the radiator. Also, in deference to this wonderful site, you may find more information over in the 80's section of IH8MUD. There's a superb FAQ there that may have all your answers. While this is a superb overlanding site, MUD is specific to Landcruisers worldwide.

Quick look in the FAQ and here's one thread that seems specific to your needs and it has links to other threads on the subject. Your 97 will be the same FZJ80 as the 96.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1996-radiator-replacement-tips-comments.98832/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz