97 Land Rover Disco SD7 w/300Tdi

DoKarider16

Observer
I am posting this Discovery for sale for my Dad. He just has not used it as much as he thought. The truck has some scratches and dings as it has been used for what it was built for, exploring off road. The conversion was done by Doug Shipman at Ship's Mechanical in Portland Oregon. It has the 300Tdi with the correct auto transmission for the diesel engine. The original 1.22 transfer case was changed out for a 1.4 ratio Defender transfer case. The engine has the upgraded VNT turbo on it with all Samco style hoses and an Allisport uprated intercooler. There is a Mantec snorkel with all of the connections tightly sealed up for true induction of dry clean air.

The lift is a 3" OME HD with 1" RTE spacer in the rear and stainless brake lines to cover the extra distance. The tires are 235/85 16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac with ample tread life left. The front bumper was made by Hard Labor Creek and includes a small pair of driving lights in the bumper and a set of HID driving lights mounted on top. There is also an 8000lb Warn winch built into the bumper with synthetic winch line. The rear bumper is from Safari Gard and the truck is protected by Rockware sliders with nerd bars. The grill is a very cool mesh style Saudi grill.

There is a Detroit locker in the back end with GBR HD axles in the back and a TruTrac limited slip in the front. Heavy duty track and steering rods are tucked up under the aluminum skid plate. RTE castor-corrected radius arms and trailing arms are much heavier duty than stock and keep the steering in line.

The rear brakes are all new including calipers, discs, pads and bearings and the fronts are Defender brakes which offer about twice the stopping power of the stock Disco brakes.

Included in the sale would be the Hannibal roof rack and Hannibal side and rear awnings. These are free standing awnings that don't need any tie downs or poles when extended.

This truck was pretty much built up by Jason Rose and my Dad has had it for many years. He has kept up on all of the maintenance items. There are a few things that could use attention like a small oil leak (very small by Rover standards), the drivers side door locks will fall back down when you go to open the door so you need to use the key, and the alarm sometimes goes off when locked with the key fob. On my Range Rover with 300Tdi I changed out my Rover lock solenoids with aftermarket and bypassed another Brittish computer.

The truck runs and drives well. I almost forgot the interior is cloth and it has the heavy duty canvas seat covers over all of the seats. The front seats are manually controlled and there are no sunroofs to leak. The headliner does sag a little. There are egt, oil pressure and boost gauges on the pillar but the boost gauge has never been hooked up. The Disco has 145,000 miles on it.

Will have it at the North West Overland Rally this weekend and then the Disco will be at my place one hour east of Portland Oregon in White Salmon WA.

Oh yeah the price $18,000 o.b.o. you could not come close to building this rig for this money. I can be reached at 509.Six3Seven.Zero3Seven1

Would love to see this go to an expo person who would use it for it's intended purpose.

Attachments

• IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0938.jpg
    IMG_0938.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

DoKarider16

Observer
Bump this up. Feel free to make offers. I will try and get some interior pics and underneath shots. You will not find another this completely put together.

bahncamperworks

Supporting Sponsor: Bahn Camper Works
Bump for a really nice rig. I rode in this thing at NW Mog fest a few years back and was blown away by how easily it handled the "pit". I'd buy it if I could!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

DoKarider16

Observer
The AC works well. Power steering as well. It is a very comfortable car to drive and live with and super capable off road. The level of traction is amazing. It really makes you feel like a hero between the torque of the diesel and the automatic.

jrose609

Explorer
Awesome truck and well worth the money for a turn-key ride that will take you down the freeway in comfort and style at 75 mph and then over any obstacle on the trail once you get there

DoKarider16

Observer
Sorry I have been slow to respond. I have been on a big trip out of the country. The truck is basically sold waiting for funds. Will post here if something changes. The Discovery gets about 19mpg around town 20-22mpg on the hwy.The cool thing is it will get 20mpg all day long off road in low range.

thanks for the interest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles