97 F-350 CCLB build:

Seabass

Idiot
I don't get to do nearly as much camping and adventure as I'd like. But I get to do a little bit. June sees my birthday, my wife's birthday, and my anniversary. So we treated ourselves to a couple of cheap sit-on-top fishing kayaks and spent some time at the river a couple of nights ago. While it wasn't a camping trip....I did manage a few pics. Since I don't often get to post much stuff like this I figured what the heck. So here you go.
60252f71632f2070fca87b3f4ad56cae.jpg
8dd83a27fd5eee67fc1a4333c27949b0.jpg
401be3287b17e55677d1a2e615af9b54.jpg
7d9a11676e881e80aa94e151bbaae6c0.jpg

Seabass

Idiot
Your dogs look hilarious! Scuba Do!

Yeah..... they were pretty embarrassed at first. But when they figured out they could swim easier and longer- they seemed to appreciate the life jackets. That water was probably 6-7 feet deep, and they are determined to swim beside the boats. Because after all, who wants to watch from the bank?!

Seabass

Idiot
Haven’t updated in a LONG time. And really there’s just not much to update about. The last year has been very busy with work. Camping was at a minimum and vacationing didn’t happen. But a few minor upgrades to the truck took place. I did finally get the rear tire carrier finished up. I added some really cool backup lights to the lower bed panels and just yesterday I got a new-to-me ARE utility topper!!!! The old whit fiberglass top is cracking bad and getting worse every year- it’s almost dead. My brother Garrick found the ARE on Facebook market place and even went to get it for me. It’s even made for my model of truck. I wouldn’t even have it were it not for him and his generosity. It’s absolutely perfect and what I’d buy if I was buying a new one. It’s a deep green color....that I believe will actually work with the old truck. I’d like to paint it tan to match the bottom of my paint combo- but it’ll probably cost a grand. So green it’ll be....at least for now. I still need to outfit my solar and work lights to it. And I’m at present trying to figure out if I want to add a set of tracks for putting bars on- or simply mount my big ole Yakima cargo basket permanently. The basket has built in bars, and will carry bars on top of it too. I really only need bars for my kayaks. The Rhino track kit sells for about $140 and I’m wondering if they are worth that to me. Garrick has them on his shell and really likes them. However.....I’m wanting to put a Detroit in the rear axel soon and extra cash will go to that more than likely. Anyway here’s a few pics- cause even crappy pics are better than no pics.
fc01df8d3ff57d8ac16ce2e4c4f81ad9.jpg
2c0140ca1d8727228d367378b951d942.jpg
8091324a3e9eaf29e0a9cdfbe0d8d9de.jpg
ec1a3d83678f4317e54f7757cee3bc40.jpg
0d99ac7c7482fb348d329bbfc4b30808.jpg
760eab32bcbc026df2a2423f476fdd8a.jpg
6b7f8906f8d09ea7f57b97a0fc310032.jpg

Last edited:

justbecause

perpetually lost
I would bolt unistrut to the top of the camper and then anytime you want to bolt anything you just run bolts into unistrut nuts and you're ready to roll.

Seabass

Idiot
I would bolt unistrut to the top of the camper and then anytime you want to bolt anything you just run bolts into unistrut nuts and you're ready to roll.

THANK YOU!!!!! I am familiar with this stuff and couldn’t for the life of me think what it’s called. I just looked on amazon and it’s available there and not terribly expensive. I had another buddy that used unistrut and it was very versatile and very strong. This may be a good direction for me. The way I like changing things up on my truck- this will give me tons of flexibility and options. Again THANKS!

Seabass

Idiot
Well, today I put the new cap on. I like the fit and finish very well. The style suits me to a tee! I’m not really crazy about the color on my truck....but I don’t hate it either. The more I look at the cap, the more I’m convinced it will cost a fortune to re-paint. So I’m thinking it’ll just be green. Honestly- it would probably cost less to paint the tan section on the bottom of my truck to match the cap! They can color match Lin-ex now.....hmmmm. Anyway- just looking for thoughts. The uni-strut is on its way. So the basket or bars will be added. I also need to put the spare tire carrier back on. Overall....I’m pleased. I can easily access anything in the bed without climbing up in it. That’s a great improvement.
5701f0d3b36fc1d97d332d81ffead930.jpg
bd831490309e95ca496c410b46347309.jpg

chet6.7

Explorer
DIY,paint the roof white with and see how it comes out. On the side you could paint it,maybe you could hang some MaxTrax on each side,that would cover up enough to make imperfections less noticeable.The door handles may make that impossible though.
I couldn't stand the chrome lettering saying Ram 2500 on the side of my truck,I plasti dipped it in 14,it still looks good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles