'96 L400 Delica build and adventure thread!

96Delica

Adventurer
Figured out today that yes, I do need new CV's. Added to the list! Also have some fender flares and a timing chain on the way. Along with some new glow plugs it'll be some good pre-winter PM.

Got some camping done in NY state a month ago for a couple nights, was nice to get out. The van didn't get much action this summer unfortunately.

Winter to do list:
12v LED mini lights for the hatch
LED strips for the front foot well
Windshield rust
Raise platform to fit the fridge underneath
Replace CV's
Wire a 12v USB charge port into the gauge pod

96Delica

Adventurer
I've stopped by there once, but they were in the middle of inventory and closed! I have all the parts I need so far, they are on my list of places that I was to go and browse around though.

96Delica

Adventurer
Is that a 63 quart/litre arb? Did it come with the cords? Nice!

I'm actually not sure how big it is, I think it's the smallest one. Yes it came with all the cords! And the guy had a slide that I got for half price too!

96Delica

Adventurer
Where did you get the Delica Expedition sticker with the compass on your SpaceGear? I like that a lot!

I ordered 4 sets from Vinyl Monkey, but he's got them up on his website now! I saw he was making TRD and Jeep ones so I sent him the font and he made me some up!

Leftcoast

Rust Prevention

Just wondering what type of rust treatment you have been doing on your van. I'm trying to decide on preventative measures for my L400...

Any ideas? I'm mostly worried about corrosion setting into the pressed plates in the sub-frame near the engine. And the rear wheel wells.

1) Does it make sense to try to sand/grind any surface rust, POR type paint then oil it? Or just get going on the oil. I've missed the nice warm dry summer window when I should have done this...

2) Have you had any success with Krown type treatments or Fluid Film Wax Oil?

Thanks!

96Delica

Adventurer
Just wondering what type of rust treatment you have been doing on your van. I'm trying to decide on preventative measures for my L400...

Any ideas? I'm mostly worried about corrosion setting into the pressed plates in the sub-frame near the engine. And the rear wheel wells.

1) Does it make sense to try to sand/grind any surface rust, POR type paint then oil it? Or just get going on the oil. I've missed the nice warm dry summer window when I should have done this...

2) Have you had any success with Krown type treatments or Fluid Film Wax Oil?

Thanks!

I'm in Ontario, rust central. I've been doing Krown treatments with great success so far. Not all Krown dealers are created equal however!

rock_shoes

Observer
Have you looked into a sacrificial anode for rust protection? I'm not sure what they cost but the chemistry behind it makes perfect sense.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles