95 Land Rover Discovery 1, needs head gasket. $1000. Long Island NY.

XJLI

Adventurer
Verified exhaust gas getting into the coolant. Motor still runs, just be prepared to fill it with coolant every hour or so. Minimal rust for a northeast truck. door sills have surface rust, are NOT soft or rusted through. some bubbling under the safari windows (seals replaced before I bought the truck) some bubbling on the pass side lower corner of the rear door. body has scratches and dings, as it was wheeled. rear floor has some rust holes, but I'm including a new floorpan and crossbars I ordered from the UK.

the good stuff:
brand new bilsteins out back, good shape bilsteins up front
245/75/16 cooper discoverer AT3 load range E tires, very good tread
terrafirma HD steering
new poly panhard rod bushings
wheel bearings brakes and seals all done within the last year on all 4 corners
driver's side swivel seals done like 2 months ago
new rear rubber driveshaft joint coupling
D90 front brakes
new bosch alternator
new three quarter window seals and rear window seal, but the three quarter seals are splitting already, shame on me for buying cheap replacements.
new headliner
magnaflow stainless catback
original radiator replaced with Nissens brand all metal radiator one last year
replaced EVERY cooling system hose with radiator replacement. Changed potentially troublesome "black" expansion tank with a used OEM "beige" one.
new oil cooler lines
new power steering lines
water pump and accessory belt replaced right before I bought the truck (2/14)
rear sunroof sealed, front sunroof works great
only one rear jumpseat
bolt on diff guards front and rear
new copper/nickel brake lines everywhere except engine bay (will include those not installed), new soft lines on all 4 corners
patched driver's front floor pan and repaired seat mount.
truck drives great otherwise, probably could use a steering box as the steering has some play +/- a few degrees from center. typical Rover thing.
trans shifts perfect, tcase perfect as I pulled the whole shifter assembly out when I bought the truck and cleaned and lubed it well. I also removed the troublesome low range lockout solenoid, so you don't have to worry about getting stuck in or out of low range.
156k miles, parked in the garage until it goes.

looking for $1000 for the whole kit and caboodle. the truck has a lot of good parts and life left, a fresh set of gaskets and it will serve you well. I took care of and really, really enjoyed this truck. Never once gave me an issue, starts every time and no weird electrical nannies came up in the three years and 40k miles I owned it and it was my DD. I bought it from a reseller who got it at a dealer auction on a trade in from the original owner. you can tell the truck was taken care of, it was apparently all dealer serviced. before this leak came up, I wouldn't have hesitated on taking this thing across the country. In traffic this past summer in 90F heat with the AC on full blast it ran 205F. Truck does not come with light bars, thule racks or CO2 tank. Bought a house, bought a new project/DD and need to clear this out.

mN9iHfz.jpg

S7I3Eggl.jpg

AYdQdWfl.jpg

jvNgjOEl.jpg

LiKsgPNl.jpg

9Dqs4X3l.jpg

8BoUDwbl.jpg

qsl42lEl.jpg

tdZotAVl.jpg

xrxZk8Ql.jpg

Owir45bl.jpg

lowest tire tread
UN679GTl.jpg

did the valley pan gasket two summer ago, very clean inside. I only used shell rotella T6 and the M1-301 oversize filter.
WWQFpwbl.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles