95 Jeep Cherokee XJ Overland Build (Rare / Low miles)

commonpawn

Philip B
xjsale.jpg

Selling what has been my obsession and baby for the last 6 years. A capable and extremely reliable truck from a lost time when they still made beautiful square cars and people would go to an office to work.

This 1995 Jeep Cherokee XJ started its life as a stock Cherokee in the Country (High-end) trim level and features convenience features such as power windows, air conditioning, alarm system with remote control, premium sound system w/ rear sound bar, central locks and tan interior with faux wood panels. The Jeep has the 4.0L HO engine, celebrated for its reliability which is proven by the many Jeep Cherokee’s for sale with over 250k miles on the clock on this very engine.

I bought this Jeep as a meticulous clean one-owner vehicle with 114K miles on the clock in 2015 and have spent the last six years building this into an offroad vehicle focused on multi day overlanding trips. Some 40k miles later this thing has been tested and proven as an extremely capable and reliable truck which will take you and your friends and family where you need to go.. So far, I have taken this off-road through the Mojave Desert, Death Valley, Alabama Hills, Sweetwater Mountains and trails such as Corral Hollow. Furthermore, this truck has allowed me and my family to travel to Tahoe through the most severe snow storms with ease.

This truck features a high attention to detail and custom solutions. It has been important to me to keep the look true to the original lines of the design without overdoing the visual modifications. Examples include a custom designed full size gutter-mounted roof rack for the right amount of utility and safari look. All lights are professionally wired with relays and are connected to a custom switch panel integrated in the dashboard – useful when you want to get lit.

During my ownership, I have managed to fix most of the quirks you might experience with this specific Jeep over the years such as upgrading the cooling system (fan clutch, water pump, thermostat), replacing the engine mount, replaced rear main seal, changed the headliner, etc. This truck is ready to go and will last you a long time if you take proper care of it. It was just in the shop for a big tune-up and everything is in perfect working order. Only note I would make is that the paint on the hood and parts of the roof is fading (common paint issue on this model) and the Jeep has a few pinstripes from close encounters with cacti on the trail. I left it like this due to how i used the truck, but nothing a paint job can’t fix. The truck comes with an exquisite collection of tapes, a folder of maintenance records and some good maintenance advice after six years of ownership.

Sadly I will have to let this truck go as I am building a new Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon and own too many vehicles. I am in no rush to sell this and will be looking for the right buyer who is willing to pay the right price for this gem. See below for more details of what is included in the price.

Modifications
  • 3.5in lift Rubicon Express Suspension w/ Bilstein 5100 shocks
  • BF Goodrich 31x10.50R15 Tires
  • Pro Comp 51 Series Rock Crawler Wheels
  • Custom Safari Style Roof Rack w/ various mounts
  • C4x4 Fabrication Steel Bumper w/ swing out tire carrier
  • 2x 8k Lumens Auxbeam 7" LED Flood lights w/ amber covers
  • 6x 2.5k Lumens Nilight 4” LED Spots
  • 1x Nilight Chase Light w/ amber cover
  • Integrated light switches in dashboard
  • Heavy duty cargo barrier net
  • Built-in Cobra CB Radio w/ Firestik antenna
  • Cup holders
  • ProClip Phone holder
  • Bluetooth Stereo
Recent improvements and maintenance
  • New Engine mount and serpentine belt (2021)
  • New Battery (2021)
  • Fluid flush - coolant, diffs, transfer case (2020)
  • New brakes (2020)
  • Thermostat and water pump (2020)
  • Spark plugs (2020)
  • New alarm system (2019)
  • New Catalytic converter (2019)
  • New fan clutch (2018)
  • .... and much more
Accessories included
  • 2x Traction pads
  • Custom roof rack cargo net
  • Weathertex mats

Asking price: $13,999 OBO

xjsale22.jpg

xjsale9.jpg

xjsale3.jpg

xjsale20.jpg

xjsale5.jpg

xjsale6.jpg

xjsale17.jpg

xjsale24.jpg

xjsale12.jpg

Last edited:

79CHKCHK

Long Time Lurker
I love Jeeps, especially the reliable old Cherokee. I had a 1979 Chief and a 1999 Sport in a previous life, digging yours! A couple of questions/requests though for a $14k Cherokee...

Do you have any other photos? Specifically of the suspension, engine, transmission, transfer case, under carriage/unibody, floor pans, axles, and all door jambs, door surrounds, to include the tailgate? Where are you located? Where has your jeep spent it's life? Lastly, can you provide photos that aren't 'artistic' and show the true condition of the Jeep. Thanks!

commonpawn

Philip B
I am currently traveling in Europe and will be back Sep 1st.
The Jeep is still available and located in Oakland, California. I can provide images as requested.

Price is obviously negotiable. Just posted to Craigslist for $12,999
If interested, we can arrange for you to see it in person when I am back for you to give an offer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles