'94 Toyota Pickup build

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Hate that im doing this, but the nest is for sale. I've been accepted into school in Illinois starting this fall. I cant see myself camping much, and it will be a pain to take it cross country. See the link below, and spread the word. Thanks guys!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/rvs/d/6-wildernest-adventure-camper/6562329296.html
I spent my younger days up in Missouri and spent time climbing and hiking and riding in southeast Missouri, southern Illinois. There's plenty to do in the Midwest, don't be too hasty and do something you'll regret!

Nikkshepherd

Observer
I guess I didn't mean there isn't ANYTHING to do in Illinois. I grew up there as well and places like starved rock are beautiful, however, starved rock pales in comparison to setting up in the Cascades or in the Olympic range. I just don't see my self utilizing the nest for any kind of extended trip while going to school. When school wraps up in 2020, Im pretty sure i've got my wife sold on a 4WC.

DaveInDenver

A 4WC would be pretty sweet. It's different back there for sure. I guess since being away now more than 25 years it seems more interesting that it really was, otherwise why would have I left and not missed it *that* much...

bkg

Explorer
given the amount of work you've put into this... and more importantly how rare they have become... I'd highly recommend keeping it if possible

Clutch

<---Pass
given the amount of work you've put into this... and more importantly how rare they have become... I'd highly recommend keeping it if possible

I regretted selling my first Wildernest, took me 5 years to find another. (albeit my current one is in much better shape, and came with all the options) If it were me, think I would find a place to store it while away at school.

(on a side note) Dave in Denver just needs to sell his 2nd gen and find another HiLux.... ;) :)

OP: Great truck! One of my favorite colors too.

Last edited:
Reactions: bkg

DaveInDenver

If it were me, think I would find a place to store it while away at school.
Yes, this. I'm sure you could find a fella willing to buy it and give you first refusal when you're done with school...

Nikkshepherd

Observer
Makes me think there was money left on the table. Oh well, I think it was a fair price and I know its going to get some use out there so I'm happy.

Clutch

<---Pass
Makes me think there was money left on the table. Oh well, I think it was a fair price and I know its going to get some use out there so I'm happy.

Probably...but that is how it goes. Some things I make money on, others I loose my shirt. When I sold my VW, I doubled my money, which I thought was great...they are now are quadrupled in price. Oh well...money comes, money goes (it mostly goes ;) )

Last edited:

Nikkshepherd

Observer
25847E8A-3604-4A04-B4E2-FFA521385634.jpeg
I was finally able to make it into the shop on JBLM Sunday to get the 4.88’s installed. Also threw on a new cat and exhaust while under there. The difference with the gearing is like night and day, couldn’t be happier.

Truck has been dripping oil lately. Looks to be a cam seal. Good thing I just had the engine rebuilt... pay for the cam seal...or 3.4 swap it...

On another note, I’ll be moving out of the PNW on Wednesday headed to central Illinois. My wife and I are planning a trip to South America after I finish up school next summer so I’ll post about that somewhere on the site. I’ll keep posting mods here as I make them, but I’m content with how the truck is now so they may be few and far between. (Jk, I’m always stalking CL for the next deal)

See you guys out there. ?

Last edited:

Nikkshepherd

Observer
Looks like it's been a year since I last posted. Sadly i've been neglecting the truck due to school. Ive got a pile of parts building up in the garage to put on in a few weeks when Im done to include:

-Pinion seal
-Cam seals (Its been leaking profusely for about 6 months now.)
-OME HD leaf springs
-OME bushings
-OME U bolts
-5100 front and rear shocks

q4uBFLY.png

I did manage to get the alternator replaced with a remanned Denso when the truck decided to stop running. Not much of a choice there.

dGc4txt.png

My wife and I will be hitting the road in it full time later this year. I plan to do more posting then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles