94 e150 questions

HI there, i am new to the forums, i have a few questions about my plans with my van. I want to do a 4x4 conversion, and i want to put a 6.0 diesel into it. First question is would the 6.0 fit? Would the best route be to get a 250-350 diesel as a donor vehicle and just swap everything over? i have also been looking into the ujor kit. i have the 302 in my engine right now, would i be able to swap a 6.0 later into it if i did the ujor kit?

Shlaytim

AZBADAZ
Hello and welcome to the forum! I was in the same boat as you a while back. I have a 92 E-150 conversion van and a 94 club wagon that i wanted to pull the 460 from the 94 and stuff it in the 92, but no dice! The frame size on the 1 ton van is a inch and a half, almost two inches bigger in some spots then the E-150. So then I thought I would just swap bodies and frames then make one nice van from two. If you have a shop with a lift and lots of time, it is possible. Then put the 6.0psd in the 1 ton chassis, but thats going to cost a ton more time and money. The 302 in your van has a lot of potential and the mods for a 302 are endless(think mustang gt) U-joints kits will work with a E-150 I think, so 4x4 is possible. My 92 E-150 has a 351 in it with plenty of grunt so I am just going to get a 2wd lift(action van suspension) for it. I know everyone wants a diesel van to convert, I did, so for what it would have cost me in swapping everything over from one van to another and trouble shooting what ever else would have become a problem with the swap, I just went and purchased a 2006 E-350xlt 6.0psd....best decision I ever made, hands down(well, besides marrying my wife) but I couldnt be happier. I have left it 2wd for now, but some day 8" U-Joint lift and 37's are gonna happen, and for what we use it for(forrest service roads and hauling a 30' travel trailer) it is perfect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior