917af pictures so far

canals1164

Observer
image.jpgimage.jpg
Had a good trip down to the Alps, we had one headlight bulb blow in just over 1800 miles. Have found that our ebersbacher water heater cannot cope with 1500 of altitude though! solar panels didn't get much direct sunlight but in all a good week away.:)

julius0377

Adventurer
We used Bridgestone B748 as they are available as an all position...

I'm looking at tyre options for my own truck in 365/80 R20, and can only find a Bridgestone tyre called M748 rated as a trailer tyre (not drive/steer). Would love to know more info! Is there a special version called B748? And in what markets are they available?

Thanks for any info.

canals1164

Observer
I'm looking at tyre options for my own truck in 365/80 R20, and can only find a Bridgestone tyre called M748 rated as a trailer tyre (not drive/steer). Would love to know more info! Is there a special version called B748? And in what markets are they available?

Thanks for any info.
Julius
you are correct they are M748 tyres, I was told by the supplier they were all position tyres rated at 120kph. I have looked and cant find an all position rating though! I guess that it makes no difference as they work. The whole process of building your own camper seems to be difficult and perhaps I should have checked in more detail.
I don't think it will have any impact as they will pass the MOT.
sorry for mis leading you.

cheers

Ian

canals1164

Observer
We have just returned from Morocco, we only had three weeks but covered over5000 miles! Unfortunately most of France was at 65 mph on Autoroutes we then went down the middle of Spain and across to the new port in tanger we then had ten fantastic days running down the cost to Cassablanca and across to Marakesh. We then worked down to the sand dunes at erg chebbi and took a trip on to the dunes. the truck worked well with only one small patch needed for the wate water tank which ripped on a rough road.
We did spoil ourselves in that most nights we found a camp site. We could have spent three months but work and our sons school holidays limited us. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

johnbrooks

Hi Ian.
Long time no... Great you are using the truck, man you pack the miles in!
Would be interesting to hear more about wheels. Didn't understand why front & back not aligned and cant work out if you went for 20 or 22.5". Did you get the wheels made by Aspect?
So where next, Iceland?
John

canals1164

Observer
John
I do keep looking at your face book posts, you are both so lucky to be making the trip. Its great to see all the fantastic pictures you have put on the web site. The wheels are 22.5 super singles they will be off set but at the moment the rears are standard, to be honest I just need to fabricate some new wings for the rears but it works so its just stays. I found that our local tractor tyre co make one off rims so changing the off set only cost £50/ wheel.
Just got credit card bill for fuel so I don't think I should mention Iceland yet!! What are your plans, are you driving all the way back?

Keep up the good work, posting pics and have fun.

cheers
Ian

nigelivy

Hi Ian

Cool truck you’ve built there!

im picking up a Mercedes 1120 ex-fire truck next week to convert and trying to source 22.5” super singles in the UK. Do you have any recommendations on who supplies them?

Thanks,

Nigel

Toby3

HI Nigel,

Cool re getting an 1120. There are several on here in different states.

I've used Atkinson Vos to supply the 22.5 tyres and wheels converting my 1124 from duels to singles. They are doing my wider build. They are great.

Previously i have look at some others who have supplied different builds. The tyres are straight forward which is why people use the 22.5s, Its getting the wheels done with the right offset which is more limited. Previously talked to Aspect wheels which had supplied them for another 1120 build. I think Ian's came from Farmers tyres which is on the Fosse way south of Leamington spa. I used them for tyres for my Unimog but was a bit of a hit and miss experience

hope this helps
Cheers Tobias

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles