89 RRC

Roverx

Observer
1989 Land Rover Range Rover Classic

I purchased this truck from Land Rover Nashville just over one year ago. This is a one-owner truck. Originally it was out on lease for two years. when it returned it was sold to one Land Rover Nashville Mechanic. This truck has 94,000 original miles. I was hoping to do a complete rehab on the truck and keep it. Our family has decided to move in about 10 months so it has to go. I have done a ton of work . This truck is not perfect but in really good condition. I would like to see her go to a good home. I have posted a few pictures but have a ton more. Just email for additional pictures. Please do not hesitate to call 615 681 8441 and I can give you a full rundown on the truck.

Work that’s been done:

This truck has been in a barn for the last 5-7 years. When I received it the engine would not turn. After inspection, I decided to replace the engine with a good running 125K 3.9 V8 from a 1995 RRC soft dash I just converted to tdi. The motor swap and inspection was done by Charlie Haigh professional Land Rover mechanic. The engine has new heads and water pump. AC system was serviced and charged. The cooling system was flushed and refilled. The transmission was flushed and refilled. In addition, the truck has new terra firma suspension springs and shocks, new all-terrain radial tires, new brakes pads, rotors, and calipers. During this service, all hubs have been rebuilt with new seals. Having owned new and used rovers for 30 plus years I have never owned one with zero rust. hahaha. I have been all over this truck and addressed all the small rust issues I found which means I cust out any rusty metal. Cleaned the area and welded in new metal patches. There were small rust holes in the front floorboards as well as the rear floorboards below each rear seat and by the rear fuel tank. All rust spots were cut out and new metal patches were welded in place, inseam sealed and painted. Exterior the car has just been completely sanded and painted. New Battery installed, Sunroof cassette was removed and serviced and is in good working condition. All window motors were removed and serviced. I have new windows switches on order. Seat switches were cleaned and serviced and in good condition. Interior of the truck is in excellent condition for its age. I recovered the headliner as well as the sunroof shade. New 3D printed dash vents were installed. Liftgate was replaced and new gas pistons installed. Rear exterior trim panels just recovered with new vinyl

Still needs:

The exhaust is solid but could used to be replaced. Truck is also missing small front reflector lights and door lights. Some interior wood trim needs to be refinished, rubber around the window channel is cracked. Needs sun roof trim on the headliner, Rear window wiper doesn’t work, cruise control doesn’t work. Tabs on dash pod are cracked. Truck has original bushing and body mounts and could use to be replaced.

Overall it is a solid truck for it’s age and looking for someone to take it to the next level.

Asking $10K or best offer.

Attachments

• Front drivers side.jpeg
    Front drivers side.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Rear underside exhaust.jpeg
    Rear underside exhaust.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Rear exterior.jpeg
    Rear exterior.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 163
  • Pass side.jpeg
    Pass side.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Pass rear D pilar and tailgate.jpeg
    Pass rear D pilar and tailgate.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 159
  • Pass C pilar.jpeg
    Pass C pilar.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Drivers C pilar.jpeg
    Drivers C pilar.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Drivers chassis rail 2.jpeg
    Drivers chassis rail 2.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Front pass side.jpeg
    Front pass side.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Drivers floor.jpeg
    Drivers floor.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 144

Best4x4

Observer
I personally know this truck well.. I dare you to find another one owner classic for sale.. First leased by a doctor then bought by a LR mechanic.. Seller is top notch as well???. If I didn’t have too many projects this would be on the radar for me..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94