89 RRC - Seat Covers?

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I've recently picked up an 89 RRC that I'm building for on-road and moderate offroad/camping use. Can anyone recommend a very good fitting seat cover for these? Everything I've seen so far has been universal fit and looked pretty lame.

I have a dog and live in the wet PNW. If possible, I'd like something like a waxed canvas that looks good, is water resistant/proof, and easier to clean.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Craig

parsonsjunior

I know it's ebay. But, look up a company named turtlecovers they're DII seat covers are great and they seem like very pleasant people. Made in GB and around 79lbs ($125) they're really an inexpensive option considering what people want for seatcovers.

craig

Thanks Graham. Unfortunately, I only see Defender, D1, and D2 on their website.

Craig

lwg

Or you can install D2 seats like I did.

Do tell? I've always loved the RRC, even had one for about 10 years. Biggest problem I had was that my head would touch the headliner. Keep hoping I can figure out an easy way to replace the factory seats with something comfortable yet 2" lower so that I can consider getting another '95 LWB.

gjackson

FRGS
Thanks Graham. Unfortunately, I only see Defender, D1, and D2 on their website.

Craig

Craig,

Yeah, I talked to Paul and he verified that Escape Gear do not make covers for the RRC. He did suggest sending a pic (& probably dimensions) of the seat so he could see if one of their other products would fit. Not ideal I know.

cheers

craig

Thanks for trying Graham. After responding to your post, I emailed with Paul a bit last night.

Craig

jrose609

Explorer
Craig,

Yeah, I talked to Paul and he verified that Escape Gear do not make covers for the RRC. He did suggest sending a pic (& probably dimensions) of the seat so he could see if one of their other products would fit. Not ideal I know.

cheers

Graham, I like the look of the Escape Gear covers. It doesn't appear they make rear seat covers though. Have any inside info on those?

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
check with Nashvillerover, as he was pusuing the same thing and has a spare set of orig skins willing to send to someone to have covers made.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
check with Nashvillerover, as he was pusuing the same thing and has a spare set of orig skins willing to send to someone to have covers made.

Nashvillerover and I were talking about getting Melvill and Moon to make some sets for the RRC. He contacted them and they said they would be glad to make them for us as long as they could get a hold of a set of factory skins to pattern them from. Last I heard he was sending some factory skins to them. I haven't heard anything back yet on progress.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I have a set of skins ready, willing and able to ship to any one that will make canvas seat covers for the Range Rover classic. Paul asked the guy that makes Escape Gear if he would make them, but thus far ... he has declined (I think they are afraid that there wouldn't be a demand, ... but I know as many Classic owners as I do Disco owners!).
I also was told by Dael Moon that he would make them at Melvill and Moon, but as soon as I e-mailed that I had the seat covers to send ... and where should they be sent, ... all e-mails ceased.

These seat skins came off of a truck that was destined for the crusher, and I don't need them back.

Perhaps I could convince Chris Law at Badger Coachworks to make covers for Classics and Discos? They could be produced from canvas or his waterproof material.

Thoughts?

Dendy

craig

Depending on what he comes up with, I might be interested.

Waxed canvas would IMO be very much in the spirit of the Range Rover classic. I'm looking for a good fit, classic appearance, water resistant, & abrasion resistant (dog feet/claw resistant).

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
So where did this all go? Is M&M out of biz?

Was anyone able to source (or have made one-off) high quality canvas seat covers for RRC?

All I can find is Camo or Union Jack covers....

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Dendy (NashvilleRover) here:
Never heard back from M&M. I cannot even find a reference as to if they are still in the seat cover biz.
Sorry-
D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles