86 Land Rover Defender 110 shop truck project

Mack73

Adventurer
Great project.
Quick question. How much leg room is there with the pickup cab? I know it is already tight in Defenders, but is it less since the seat can't go back anywhere (or use seat slide extensions)?

Quick question. How much leg room is there with the pickup cab? I know it is already tight in Defenders, but is it less since the seat can't go back anywhere (or use seat slide extensions)?

The seat frames can slide all the way back like in a wagon, however the the seat back can't be reclined as much. It's a very upright position but I don't mind it, I'm 6'.

overlander

Expedition Leader
did you put that electrical connector kit together yourself, or can it be purchased somewhere? that would be pretty handy to have. Can you post a pic of the crimper you use or a link to it? very nicely done.

The fact that you were able to convert the existing heater assembly instead of sourcing a new drop in unit speaks volumes to your experience.

EIGHTLUG

Observer
This is a pretty sweet build. I'm envious of your bulkhead work. Once I have the engine out of mine I may tackle getting it looking half as nice as yours.

ontheway

The goal of this project is to turn this beat up 110 into reliable, left hand drive, turbo diesel shop truck. Being in the Land Rover restoration business I am always transporting various land rover parts to and fro using my 110 wagon, having a pickup would be much more practical. I built a 110 shop truck a few years ago but ended up selling it, so this will be my second go at it.

Here is the first shop truck I built in 2010 but sold shortly after

Was this truck for sale on ebay back in 2010? I think that may be the truck I lusted after during my last deployment to Iraq (and lost the fight with my wife to buy it). Such a great build!

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
Hi again. Where did you get those fuse box connectors? I have a fuse box on order, but it didn't come with the connectors.

I have a 300tdi wiring loom I was going to use, but after looking at all the connector differences between that and my existing loom, I decided to just switch out the fuse box like you've done instead.

I installed my bulkhead last night, as I'm waiting for a bunch of parts (like the fuse box). Getting the bulkhead back on is a great psychological milestone, even though there's lots more to do.

IMG_5021.jpg

Thanks,
- Andrew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles