85 Toy Just Joined

The Hardway

Hey
I just registered as a new member, although I have lurked for some time. I thought I would organzie my pictures before I tried to post anything.

Anyway. This is my truck. I bought it a few years back with the intention of rock crawling and have since scrapped the plan completely.

I have been trying to create an ideal camping vehicle that will carry surf/snow boards, kayak, and fishing stuff. So far it has worked out great, but there is always more to do.

Here's where I'm at right now...

22re W56
Rancho 44044/ Chevy 63"
Bilsteins
Hy Steer
5.29s Detroit
35" BFGs
probably some other stuff

Cheers,
Alex

2661383299_4113996c03.jpg
[/IMG]

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Great truck! I like it!

What kind of highway mileage are you getting with that tire/gear combo?

taco chaser

Supporting Sponsor
Nice Yota and welcome to the portal.

Eventually you will have to crawl again to continue the walk, rock crawling is not a disease, its just all part of the adventure.

Last edited:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Ah, yes, the 85 Toyota. My very first new vehicle:

85TOY.jpg

Bought it when I was a callow youth of 22. By the age of 23 I had rolled it twice and it was totalled. :(

Great old truck, but I have to confess, as I cruise around in my Taco enjoying AM/FM/CD, air conditioning, cloth seats, and IFS, the only thing I really miss is the gas mileage!

:D

Welcome to Expo! I think you'll like it here.

22 years after the above picture:

22yearslater.jpg

Last edited:

The Hardway

Thanks for the warm welcome!

The kayak:
Ocean Kayak Prowler 15

The mileage:
17-21mpg

Crawling?
Yeah, it is definitely an adventure, and this truck has seen its share...but I'd rather spend the time on the water.

4cruzer

Adventurer
nice to see you on here, brother. That truck is an *** kicker. Keep it around, they look too good together...
Garen
2673264086_af67b0d8ba.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior