83 reg cab hilux?

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Really depends on what good shape is for your area.

I see your in NH in the rust belt. Good shape would be rusty bed/floor pans, but a good frame?

I bought what I considered very good shape. No significant rust (only 3 small holes about the size of a shotgun shell in the bed and floorpan) & no significant engine trouble.. It had a leaky valve cover and timing cover, but I changed both of those and it was fine. Seats were trashed but the rest of the interior was all there and pretty nice. Good tires. etc. I paid $2500.

I probably could've patched those little holes and put a nice spray in bedliner and took it up north and sold it for a nice profit, but now I've got too much time and money invested in suspension etc. But it's a truck I never plan to sell and it would take a premium price to get it from me now.

Arktikos

Explorer
No rust, good interior and drivetrain, I'd expect to pay around 5K or so. Who knows, maybe more. But at some point it's time to refuse to buy into the inflated prices for old Toyota 4x4s and get something else. :)

Yes in the rust belt. All but no rust seems in bed show color and small spot on tailgate other than that none decent interior new-ish tires no leaks that I saw frame clean. Stock and never been off road to clean under there. Truck is origanally from arizona/colorado truck.

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Gosh.. Idk in your area seems like almost 3-6k depending on how good of a deal you run up on! I'd say ~4500 is fair. These trucks are starting to raise in value.. Or at least the market seems so. I know I wouldn't sell mine for less than 5k just because of the work into it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior