7TH NW SPRINTERFEST--Sat. 4/14/12; Tualatin, OR (w/ 4WD Sprinters for Inspection)

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Time to pass on the details of this year's Northwest SprinterFest, the annual low key West Coast get-together of Sprinter trucks, owners and interested onlookers. This NW SprinterFest, the seventh, will be held on Saturday, April 14th in Tualatin, OR, a few miles south of Portland just off I-5. They'll be a usual variety of Sprinter rigs, from work trucks to campers and motorhomes, both the older T1Ns and the new NCV3s. Freightliner will give demo drives and Upscale Automotive will be demonstrating their 4x4 conversions. (And, FWIW, there's a good chance that I'll bring the Wrangler motorhome Paul Jensen is finishing up to show off.)

If you've any interest in Sprinters, either for street use or for overlanding, you should consider dropping by if you're in the area, especially if the weather turns out nice. Note, too, that if you're on the opposite coast, the equally-nifty SprinterFest East will follow a couple weeks later on Saturday, April 28 in Mechanicsburg, PA.

Here's the official blurb:

Greetings Everyone,

Just a note to let you know the 7th Annual NW SprinterFest will be held
on Saturday April 14th, 2012. The event will be held at our shop from
10:00 am to 4:00 pm or until we’re finished. You can register for the
event on line by going to http://www.softecusa.com/sprinterwest.html or
give us a call at 503-692-0846 or just show up. We will have a pot luck
table for those that would like to share their favorite dish and we will
have the Weber grill going for any cooking that you would like to do.
There will be lots of customer built conversions to check out and McCoy
Freightliner will have a 2012 Sprinter for everyone to look over. We
will have a T1N 4wd and a NCV3 4wd Sprinter on display and available for
test drives! In the past, we have all enjoyed checking out a variety of
unique Sprinters so come on by and join in the fun!!

BTW, don’t forget the SprinterFest East event which will be held
Saturday, April 28th, at Sun Motor Cars Mercedes Benz in Mechanicsburg,
PA. A special thanks goes to Stewart Ives and the SprinterFest East crew
for helping us with the on line registration form.

Thank you and travel safe,

John

Sprinter Store
sprinterstore.com
A division of Upscale Automotive, Inc.
19460 SW 89th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-692-0846

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Thanks. Any further info on the East Coast event? Google came up empty for 2012.
My guess is that they're a little behind the NW event in getting things organized. HOWEVER, I found this Sprinter-Source forum blurb from last year's event--a big success, I am told--and I would expect most everything to be the same except for the dates.

Fellow Sprinter'ers...

Yes, it's that time of year again to start planning the 2nd Annual SprinterFest EAST event and our goal is to do an even bigger and better job than last year. Yes, I know, John Bendit of the Sprinterstore.com recently held the 6th Annual Northwest SprinterFest and they had a ton of Sprinters at their event. We're following his lead with a few surprises of our own. If you missed last year'sSprinterFest EAST and want to see what you missed or you just want to take a look at the pictures from last year here is the link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/SprinterFestEast

Now for the facts...

Signup: http://www.softecusa.com/sprintereast.html

Who: Sprinter owners & Sprinter wannabe owners and anyone interested Sprinters

What: 2nd Annual SprinterFest EAST

Where: Same place as last year, the fabulous Sun Motor Cars, 6677 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 facility. Everyone raved about the facility last year and Sun Motor's is gracious to sponsor us again this year. Take a look at this areal picture of the vast Sun Motor Cars facility...

http://tinyurl.com/3asy8ny

The 4 white top buildings are all Sun Motors - Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, & Sprinter. We will be in the back (empty) parking lot and have the use of the building right next to the back parking lot. We will go up to the Mercedes building for the afternoon maintenance bay sessions.

When: Saturday, July 23, 2011, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM (or later)

Cost: FREE!!!

Camping: Dry camping is available in the Sun Motors back parking lot on Friday and Saturday night. Just pull in and park. There are numerous pay camping areas within a short drive of Sun Motors.

The Schedule: We are still working on the schedule but basically we are looking at:

- Two technical sessions in the morning:

- Mike Sokol will give an updated No~Shock~Zone presentation. We are looking for Mike to show us first had the possible dangers of a hot-skin Sprinter when he sets up his Sprinter as a demo van for his presentation.

- Presentation by Becker Autosound - How to safely and properly connect Ipods and the like to your Sprinter radio.

- Lunch provided by Sun Motors with Nick Walker, Sprinter Brand Manager, Don Yesacavage, Service Director, and Mike Lombardi, Parts Manager, on the grill again this year.

- Presentation by Claus Tritt, General Manager, Mercedes Sprinter Brand USA. Claus was at last years event and provided some good information at to the direction of Sprinter in the coming years. Let's see what's up for this year and the future.

- Technical Session in the Sun Motor's shop with Sprinters up on lifts and a chance to get your questions answered by Sun's Master Certified Sprinter Mechanics.

- Browse through the new Sprinters in the lot and all those Sprinters that came to the Fest. If you have been thinking about building a weekend camper into your Sprinter this is the time for you to learn from others who have done it already and get your ideas down so you can get to work.

Oh, and don't forget prizes, prizes, prizes.

Please give me some ideas for Technical Sessions that you might be interested in. I am interested in the future of Mercedes BlueTec Technology and its future with Sprinters. If there is a preponderance of interest in a particular topic then we will carve out some time during the technical sessions to address it.

So, it's time to sign up so go to...

http://www.softecusa.com/sprintereast.html

and fill out the registration form.

Many thanks to Klare & Dan Sunderland, President and Vice President of Sun Motor Cars for their gracious generosity in sponsoring the 2nd Annual SprinterFest EAST event.

Happy Sprintering...

stew

PS: I'll see you at SprinterFest EAST, Saturday, July 23, 2011, Sun Motor Cars, 6677 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Those of us on the Sprinter Mailing List got an update/reminder today from the Northwest SprinterFest sponsors. Note that they are going to have 4WD versions of both Sprinter models there and it looks like they'll let you drive them around.

Greetings Everyone,

Just a note to remind you that the 7th Annual NW SprinterFest will be
held on Saturday April 14th, 2012
. The event will be held at our shop
from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm or until we’re finished. If you haven’t
already, you can register for the event on line by going to
http://www.softecusa.com/sprinterwest.html or give us a call at
503-692-0846 or just show up. We will have a pot luck table for those
that would like to share their favorite dish and we will have the Weber
grill going for any cooking that you would like to do. There will be
lots of customer built conversions to check out and McCoy Freightliner
will have a 2012 Sprinter for everyone to look over. We will have a T1N
4wd and a NCV3 4wd Sprinter on display and available for test drives! In
the past, we have all enjoyed checking out a variety of unique Sprinters
so come on by and join in the fun!!

BTW, for those of you on the East Coast, don’t forget the SprinterFest
East event which will be held Saturday, April 28th, at Sun Motor Cars
Mercedes Benz in Mechanicsburg, PA. A special thanks goes to Stewart
Ives and the SprinterFest East crew for helping us with the on line
registration form.

Thank you and travel safe,

The Sprinter Store Staff
Sprinter Store/sprinterstore.com
A division of Upscale Automotive, Inc.
19460 SW 89th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-692-0846

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Unveiling the Wrangler Motorhome at SprinterFest . . . ? :confused:

CO dirt road.jpg

Makes perfect sense. I'm a long time attendee, and Paul Jensen, the Wrangler's master craftsman, has two modified Sprinters under his belt. Between us, we'll be in Tualatin showing off one or two of our Sprinter campers on April 14th.

But given that the event is close to my house and that we can find enough drivers, we figured that SprinterFest was also a good time for me to get the finished Jeep back from Paul. Add to that the fact that John Bendit, head of Upscale Automotive, and his staff, the hosts of the event, were responsible for large amounts of the Wrangler's initial conversion work, bringing the truck to SprinterFest to let both John and Paul get some credit for their work seems a fine idea.

Anyone whose been following the Wrangler's build is invited to stop by and take a look at both the Jeep and the attending Sprinter campers. No admission or registration necessary to visit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles