72 Bug, Baja for the road

nepbug

No, that's no my style. Not going for open exhaust, looking at single exhaust with a spark arrestor. Will be loud but not real loud, i run super 44 Flowmaster dual with turn downs on my suburban so long rides with a loud rumble is fine with me. The last bug i had was a stinger exhaust with a baffle that came out most of the time and it never bothered me.

Personally the drone would get to me. My Baja was loud and it was great for short trips, but annoying for longer trips.

I hope any passengers going with you appreciate it as much as you do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

warwgn

Explorer
With the spare tire in place.

and the washer bottle

got the next 3 days off so should be able to make the lids and weld in a new dash panel and get it drilled for gauges and radio and stuff.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Great build. been watching it for a while.

I used to have a few aircooleds back in the day.
Last one was a '72 squareback!

Lately Ive been itching to build a baja... and this thread isnt helping any!

:ylsmoke:

warwgn

Explorer
Yep they came in this morning.

Still have 2 more days off so hope to get a lot more done, but did manage to grind all the welds and have it just about ready for some body filler after I drill holes for the gauges and switches and stuff.

warwgn

Explorer
Need to drill for the gauges what do you guys think of this set up?

from left to right:
volt meter, oil pressure, speedo/tach, fuel level, and oil temp.

was gonna run cylinder head temp but it's not offered Iin the gauges I want so gonna run volts instead. Will put the head light switch under the volt meter and turn indicators on each side of the speedo and high beam dummy light just above or below the speedo.

warwgn

Explorer
Well it's done for now, need to cut the hole for the radio and dummy lights and what ever switches I decide to put in it. Still need to figure all that out but gauge holes are there and fit gauges, after I buy the other 3 I can decide on final arrangements of the small ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94