72 Bug, Baja for the road

warwgn

Explorer
Got tired of playing with sand paper so decided to cut some holes.

not sure where this is gonna lead but it's more fun.

warwgn

Explorer
More metal work today, boxing in the under hood compartment.

still have a lot more to do on this part, gotta drop the passenger side compartment in one spot enough so I can box in a spot for the battery and it still fit under the lid in the under hood box I am making now.

warwgn

Explorer
ordered more parts today, buncha seals and stuff to put all the glass back in. Hope to have it ready for primer by Monday and maybe paint next weekend so I can start getting it wired and all that kinda good stuff.......getting close!

warwgn

Explorer
only got 5 weeks left and it needs to be road ready, gotta test and tune and shake all the "bugs" out before I take it on a 4,000 mile round trip to Cody Wy and back.

nepbug

I was just thinking that your deadline had to be approaching.

Totally attainable, but not a lot of room to dawdle either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

warwgn

Explorer
Going to see buffalo bill

If he is around at the time:bike_rider:, actually going to meet up with my Goldwing riding buddies and camp out, and see the sights. Taking my 8yr old daughter with me so will pop over to Yellowstone and a few other side stops along the way and while we are there. Planning on about a week trip or so, not sure if I will take the trailer or not yet, just depends on how much room I am left with in the bug after I am done boxing in the fuel cell and all.

nepbug

I forget if it has been mentioned, but are you going for a nice quiet exhaust?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

warwgn

Explorer
No, that's no my style. Not going for open exhaust, looking at single exhaust with a spark arrestor. Will be loud but not real loud, i run super 44 Flowmaster dual with turn downs on my suburban so long rides with a loud rumble is fine with me. The last bug i had was a stinger exhaust with a baffle that came out most of the time and it never bothered me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles