72 Bug, Baja for the road

warwgn

Explorer
Before I star welding I rebuilt the pedal assembly and upgraded it with the roller pedal and Bigfoot clutch shaft from uunique parts. Gotta say it seems to be some real quality stuff, think I am gonna love it.

was down on my back so didn't do anything today but got my pulls goin and need to get to work on it.

warwgn

Explorer
Yep new throttle cable is here but waiting on the clutch cable and some tie rode ends to arrive. Gonna be working on the cage tonight but have to cut out the rear shelf and replace it first before I can weld the cage fully in. Gonna be part of the body and not removable when I am done.

warwgn

Explorer
Just went crazy, I ordered a pop up sun roof. Figured with no AC it will help in the summer to pop that open and let some more air flow.

warwgn

Explorer
Holy moly, got that cut out, there was a piece of aluminum riveted over a big hole as a fix bythe PO. Wow what some people tthink k is a "fix".

ttravis5446

Adventurer
This project is looking good. Every time I check in on it, I find myself checking classifieds on The Samba within 10 minutes looking for cheap bug projects.

warwgn

Explorer
Got the cage most in, welded the front and middle in and now need to start the back then add some more bars in and paint it. Hope it clears the window cranks but will worry about that when I get there.

Ha ha that is funny, I have a build thread on the samba too. Lots of good bug info over there.

warwgn

Explorer
Fully welded in and added the bar for the seat belts to mount to. Now just gotta add two braces in the back two along the rocker panels and two or four to the front fire wall.

the tubes in the front will go to the front suspension to brace it up, still gotta sort that part out but if you look back there is a pic of those I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles