700 BHP Brabus V12 G

SixLug

Explorer
There might not be any reason TO build it, but theres also no reason NOT to. The parts bin is there... I know that if I were in charge at Brabus it wouldnt take me too long staring at a 700hp V12 sitting in a crate next to my G500. I'd put them together too.

This is my train of thought as well. Im sure these are built in EXTREMELY limited numbers, for those that want to pay. But if your well off to own that, you might be well off to own that AND a diesel powered G for your offroading pleasure. Different folks have strokes. I completely dig it...looks mean as hell and has the balls to back it up. BUT, I might only drive it once and see that the trip to the supermarket took a whole tank of gas.:Wow1:

Last edited:

michaelgroves

Explorer
Some more pics of that superb, absolutely pointless truck!

GWagon-4.jpg

GWagon-6.jpg

GWagon-2.jpg

As someone mentioned - the only way they could get that engine in there was to melt it down and pour it in!

G-force

Adventurer
There might not be any reason TO build it, but theres also no reason NOT to. The parts bin is there... I know that if I were in charge at Brabus it wouldnt take me too long staring at a 700hp V12 sitting in a crate next to my G500. I'd put them together too.

:wings::wings::wings::wings::wings:

And by the way, here in Norway there is an 400 CDI availeble. Nice torqey four litre, with turbo. Don`T you have that model in the US?

michaelgroves

Explorer
"Too much is never enough."

For an off road vehicle, though, power stops being an advantage after a certain level. I can't think of any off-road situation where 500kW could be put to use! As for 1000Nm of torque, well that can be obtained through gearing (though you need a fair amount of horsepower for it to be useful).

Fun though.... :)

maximumrob

Adventurer
I don't think I've ever seen a vehicle with 700+hp that isn't cool. There's no purpose for 700hp in *anything,* so why does it matter? Put your foot to the floor and drive it like a man!

I'd put the engine in my Rubicon if "I just had one lying around."

michaelgroves

Explorer
Oh, I think it's cool, no question! And on the road, I expect you could probably use all 500kW, just moving the air out of the way. :)

I just can't think of how 500kW could be harnessed to give any increase in true off-road capability, for a vehicle of that type. Above 200-300kW, either the wheels will be spinning like crazy, or the truck will be flying, even in the thickest of thick sand!

Superu

Explorer
I like the look of it de-blinged.

I doubt my rear seat passengers would appreciate burning their legs on those exhaust pipes exiting right below the door though. :Wow1:

GWagon-2.jpg

Brabus has a history of overpowering vehicles to the point of making them undriveable at higher speeds. Check out some past episodes of Top Gear for evidence of this. :ylsmoke: But they do make some neat stuff. Certainly wouldn't want to discourage them from continuing. They need to apply some engineering and design skills to work on a nice electric conversion to rival Tesla. :smiley_drive:

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
That last pic of it de-blinged has moved this near the top of the list of cars I would buy if I won the lottery. Come on, I know you have the same list... ;)

SGNellett

Adventurer
I'd imagine that about 95% of these will be found tearing around the deserts of the middle east, this thing screams Saudi prince with no clue about reality beyond the kingdom. :Wow1:

proto

Adventurer
800 lb-ft? Clearly this thing is meant as a tow rig. (But at that price, you'd think the hitch would be included!)

michaelgroves

Explorer
I'd imagine that about 95% of these will be found tearing around the deserts of the middle east, this thing screams Saudi prince with no clue about reality beyond the kingdom. :Wow1:

With 500kW on tap, "tearing around" is the right phrase! In sand, it won't take long before we're short a Saudi prince or two.

michaelgroves

Explorer
800 lb-ft? Clearly this thing is meant as a tow rig. (But at that price, you'd think the hitch would be included!)

LOL, I'm sure they'd throw in a tow hitch!

(Mind you, what can you safely tow with that truck that you can't tow equally well with 300kW?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles