700 BHP Brabus V12 G

Gurkha

Adventurer
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090219.013/brabus-g-v12-s-biturbo-with-700-hp-bows-in-geneva

Seriously big boys toyz here. :victory:

brabus-g-v12-s-biturbo_9.jpg

I wouldn't mind one at all.............

The end result of all this work is an engine that produces 700 hp (690 bhp /515 kW) and an electronically limited 1,100 Nm (811 lb-ft) of torque. Performance figures for this monster include a 0-100 km/h time of 4.3 seconds and a limited top speed of 240 km/h (150 mph). In comparison, the V8 powered G55 AMG produces 500 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque while the Mercedes S600 has 510 hp and 612 lb-ft of torque.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Looks cool, but yet again, this is sort of a "litmus test" as it were for people IMO. IF you're styupid enough to buy a Solid axle'd 4x4 simply because it's fast and expensive then you are in fact a complete idiot. This truck defies all reasoning aside from "if it's spendy someone will buy it", there's certainly no reasoning for building it. they have far better platforms...

I really like the looks, but what a pointless and confused vehicle. Why not put the same treatment on the GLK-Class that would be alot better suited to 700hp.

Cheers

Dave

T

Totenkopf

The power would be fine, but how about some 35 inch mud tires.

And when you drive it you tell people, "this car is just for really rich guys."

haven

Expedition Leader
I guess you need 800 ft-lbs of torque to push a vehicle with
the aerodynamics of a mailbox through the air at 150 mph!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
The power would be fine, but how about some 35 inch mud tires.

And when you drive it you tell people, "this car is just for really rich guys."
It needs a bumper sticker that says I have more money than sence...

Cheers

Dave

Gurkha

Adventurer
Trust me, the 800ft-lbs torque and live axles will come in very handy off road if one has the guts to take it there. The stability control introduced in later G Wagen make them far less skittish on road and its among the best behaved live axle 4WD on road today.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Trust me, the 800ft-lbs torque and live axles will come in very handy off road if one has the guts to take it there. The stability control introduced in later G Wagen make them far less skittish on road and its among the best behaved live axle 4WD on road today.
Yeah... NO, unless you're mud bogging or out in the sand 800lb/ft and low gears spells nightmares for the drivetrain. IMO for rock crawling and general off-roadf use, it's always better to gain torque through gears than it is to put a huge motor in something. IMO one of the best combo's is a VW diesel in a LWB Sami w a Toyota Drivetrain. Easy on drivetrain parts and it'll crawl with comp. buggies. Now in the Sand and Mud, yeah, power and paddles are king.

This Braubus thing also scares me because of all teh potential for throtle on disaster. as is the case with ALOT of tuned Merc motors I can imaging that the torque is near instantaneous seeing as it's through an Auto tranny and therefore can't be "lugged" to keep the tires in chek. I can't imagine what it's like to drift a big tall narrow box.

That's just my .02 and I'm sticking to it.

Again though, it does LOOK amazing eh ;)

Cheers

Dave

T

Totenkopf

If that Brabus don't make yo ears hot, check out this fly G.

renntech_g_wagen_cdi.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
If that Brabus don't make yo ears hot, check out this fly G.

renntech_g_wagen_cdi.jpg

I like the Braubus better, but that is an ineresting body kit eh. With all the latest goings on at Merc. I wonder if we'll see an AMG BLACK edition. I can honestly say this is one fo the neatest looking cars I've seen in quite awhile.

I loved the old one based off the CLK series (I'm a sucker for DTM style'd cars eh ;) )
mercedes_clk63_amg_black_series.jpg

And now they've just made it even better,this one's based off of the SL series (although I liked the CLK series body better), too bad there's NO MANUAL!!!! To me a performance car is completely useless as a tool for producing Joy without a manual transmission. I don't think I can ever be happy drivining an auto. in anything.
edit: picture removed so there wasn't some Vette cluttering up this thread...

Anywho, back to the discussion of the big black beast.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
I really like the looks, but what a pointless and confused vehicle. Why not put the same treatment on the GLK-Class that would be alot better suited to 700hp.

Cheers

Dave

Pointless and confused,thats about sums it up. Its like a Ferrari with a winch/bullbar or that monkey with 4 asses on South Park.

A nice 4 litre turbo diesel into the Gwagon would have made me warm and fuzzy

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Pointless and confused,thats about sums it up. Its like a Ferrari with a winch/bullbar or that monkey with 4 asses on South Park.

exactly...

On a side note, I just noticed that the pic of the CLK I posted turned into... a VETTE!!!!! Oh god the horror, me posting pics of GM junk... I think I'll edit out the pic.

Cheers

Dave

Gurkha

Adventurer

Actually one of those new Bluetec super high torque diesels from MB would truly warm the cockles.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
There might not be any reason TO build it, but theres also no reason NOT to. The parts bin is there... I know that if I were in charge at Brabus it wouldnt take me too long staring at a 700hp V12 sitting in a crate next to my G500. I'd put them together too.

Gurkha

Adventurer
If right wheels and tires are put in that Brabus, with all that torque and HP, it would make for an awesome off road machine no matter what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles