7.3 question

al_burpe

Observer
It has been a LONG time since 20 year old 7.3 F250 pickups were worth any $10K- that's about twice what they're worth.

Used vehicle owners can ASK whatever price they want, but if they're listing something like that with a $10K asking price, they're either not really trying to sell it, or they're looking for a sucker to rip off...

According to Kelley Blue Book, you are wrong. The average private party selling price for an F-250 with the 7.3 in my area is just above $11,000. You should at least look up the book value before making statements like this.

MTVR

According to Kelley Blue Book, you are wrong. The average private party selling price for an F-250 with the 7.3 in my area is just above $11,000. You should at least look up the book value before making statements like this.

You are correct- I just booked it again, and came up with numbers similar to yours.

Must have hit the wrong button at some point during the process. Thanks...

jgallo1

Adventurer
Auchentoshan is a Lowland, not an Islay. Which Auchentoshan are you saying is "Peaty stuff"?

yes, I know the difference between the Islay and lowlands.
I am guessing you are a huge peat fan, so do you like Ardberg?
My Mom is from Ireland, growing up we went back regularly, I have a cousin who married a women from Thurso. I am sure you would have enjoyed the debates that have caused more than a few holiday dinners to end early.

andy_b

Does any anybody know if 285/75/17's will fit W/O rubbing after a 2" lift?

That should fit.

I had 285/75-16s Toyo MTs on with a leveling kit (slightly smaller OD, same width) that fit fine. No rubbing on or offroad. Leveling kit is stock rear and 2" front lift. There is plenty of vertical space in the wheel wells. Most people rub on the springs/suspension depending on lift and wheel offset.

I have a little bit of rubbing on the front springs with my 285/75-18s Toyo RTs. Haven't taken them offroad but I think they'll be ok.

MTVR

yes, I know the difference between the Islay and lowlands.
I am guessing you are a huge peat fan, so do you like Ardberg?
My Mom is from Ireland, growing up we went back regularly, I have a cousin who married a women from Thurso. I am sure you would have enjoyed the debates that have caused more than a few holiday dinners to end early.

Yes on the peat, yes on the Ardbeg, the Lagavulin, the Laphroaig, and so on.

We have spent time in Ireland, Northern Ireland, and the Isle of Man. We enjoyed the pub culture there, as well as in England and Scotland, and of course we love Irish road racing (like the Isle of Man TT).

jtcym1149

Buy it. All that work that you listed means you have 100k mi before it needs freshening again. Might have to do driveline universals, brakes and wheel bearings but you won't have any other issues. I own a f250 with 295000, a 350 with 297000, and a 550 with 33k mi. Just bought the 550 three months ago for 17500 and I think that was a steal. 7.3's are one of the most reliable engines out there. No **************** emissions and with a programer your in the same power range as the current trucks. I prefer the 6spd and I think GM had the better auto tranny of that era. They don't turn the greatest due to the wheel angle being limited by the leafs but just buy some 35's, trim the bumper and drive over the curbs in the way. I'd drive any one of the trucks I own accross the country tomorrow if needed.

Lost_Soul_Ryan

I bought a 2002 7.3 4x4 last month with 87,000miles for 12,000. runs like a top, 2 owners both older women. she thought i was crazy when I showed up the next day with cash in hand.

you got lucky and found that person who didn't know what they had, that would sell for over 20k here

its a great truck/engine combo. as stated the tran will be an issue, the 6.0 is affordable fix and will help keep it going longer. there are also a few other little issues the 7.3 has, but nothing over the top.

azzhatdeluxe

you got lucky and found that person who didn't know what they had, that would sell for over 20k here

its a great truck/engine combo. as stated the tran will be an issue, the 6.0 is affordable fix and will help keep it going longer. there are also a few other little issues the 7.3 has, but nothing over the top.

she thought I was crazy till she tried to buy a tow rig to replace it. she ended up paying more for a 4door in worse shape and 200,000 miles on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior