7.3 EB E350 Mg Metalworks 4x4 Swap

a_deo_k

I've always been impressed by his conversion kits. There have been a couple customers that have had issues with wobble with heavier tired rigs, but I'd still consider giving it a whirl if I wanted 4wd.

Heavy - yes
Tired - nah
If done correctly, the conversion drives exceptionally well. The frame and the motor are the only items that don’t get rebuilt or replaced during the conversion. Replacing all the shocks, springs, steering components, trans, driveshafts etc with new/ rebuilt parts make it drive like a modern truck. Mine rolls down the highway with zero issues.

I will say I’ve seen some other diy 4x4 conversions that look unsafe at any speed.

2C1E2617-6EA7-431E-BD13-B58E1989F9DA.jpeg4EFCA695-5FBB-4B50-B89B-27CD9164256D.jpeg

Last edited:

blakeape

Adventurer
Strong work mister! I’m starting a 1998 7.3 this fall with a Ujoint kit. Those tires must be 34”? What do you think of the 4.30 gears and towing? Any tuner,gauges, exhaust, etc to help. I’m trying to get used to how hot these non intercooled 7.3s run. That thing is clean!

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Heavy - yes
Tired - nah
If done correctly, the conversion drives exceptionally well. The frame and the motor are the only items that don’t get rebuilt or replaced during the conversion. Replacing all the shocks, springs, steering components, trans, driveshafts etc with new/ rebuilt parts make it drive like a modern truck. Mine rolls down the highway with zero issues.

I will say I’ve seen some other diy 4x4 conversions that look unsafe at any speed.

View attachment 598178View attachment 598180

I was meaning more trucks with big heavy tires that may not balance super well... prone to causing problems on everything they’re mounted on.

I get heavy trucks... mine is 2WD & 9500 lbs empty. I’m over 10k most of the time... it handles extremely well with 880s and Bilstein shocks.

One of these days I need to get it in to an alignment shop... there’s only so much I can do with a level and a tape measure... although it drives better now than when I’d just paid $300 for an alignment.

Abitibi

Explorer
Can't go wrong with MGmetalwork but man you made it look way too easy! Lol

Do you recall the part# for the front swaybar links (Moog)? It's the only part I'm missing to finish mine...

Cheers!
David

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94