"6mm" DC Output ports on many portable power stations

Golfer2000

Do not exceed the amps rating of the socket for more than a few peak seconds

no matter the ampacity of the plug or adapter you jerry rig.

Best approach would be to use Anderson PowerPole as a standard, for almost all power connections

use those to bring max power output from the unit, and then use a well made buss bar or splitter pigtail to support input to your devices.

Standard ciggie sockets are IMO a dangerous abortion, avoid like the plague for anything important, or that you use regularly. Never more than 5-6A and only for short periods, as in a few minutes. Even then they are risky, an inherently poor design!

Blue Sea has a nice socket design that twist-locks with the matching plug, but will also accept standard ciggie plugs for smaller (
Also the BMW/ Hella/ Merit/ Powerlet "Euro-style DIN" (ISO 4165) style is very robust.

Buy or make adapters for guests, temporary use of devices with standard ciggie plugs.
What are your thoughts on using sae connections in place of the cigarette plugs?

xinnad

Realize this post is a little old but it's one of the only sources related to this information I found and hope I can help anyone still looking for a solution.

I'm not sure about the internal connector of the Jackery, but I measured the 12v out female barrel on my Goal Zero and found the inner post had a diameter of about 3mm and the outer was more like 6.7mm. I ordered a set of 6.3mm OD, 3mm ID barrel connectors and they work great! The connector feels solid and I can't wiggle it at all or cause any disrupt in power.

Here's a link to the connectors with pigtails I got.
6.3mm x 3.0mm barrels from Lord Bezos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior