67-79 F250 with modern engine swap is 15+ mpg possible?

Clutch

<---Pass
I will be the dissenting voice here when it comes to diesels, I vote V8 and some go-fast desert goodies for that TTB. Diesels rock, but nothing beats full opposite lock with a gasser soundtrack.

View attachment 230605

Nothing like a screaming gasser V8!

Looking closely this appears to have a TTB front end. I think that would be an awesome setup. Take a 4x4 TTB chassis from a 90's F150, add motor of choice, finish off with desired classic body.

RPM Fab built that truck...build pics in here...even has canti by-passes.

103_0488.jpg

103_0490.jpg

Clutch, this is where you buy this kind of stuff. http://www.race-dezert.com/classifieds/
If you find something in AZ I can put eyes on it for you over the phone.

Oh...I go and look on there often. ;) and thanks for the offer, I appreciate that!

Found this one on there not too long ago. posted earlier in the thread, pretty much built exactly how I want it...maybe toss a EFI on that 460 and call it good! :D

Color I like, has just enough patina on it...that wouldn't be too too worried about screwing up the paint.

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifieds/index.php?ct=prerun&md=details&id=73001

p73001n1.jpg

Last edited:

Milo902

Adventurer
Man, if I didn't look so ridiculous climbing out of a big old ford I would be smashing my piggybank for an RPM fab truck. Good thing I do, I guess.

Clutch

<---Pass
Man, if I didn't look so ridiculous climbing out of a big old ford I would be smashing my piggybank for an RPM fab truck. Good thing I do, I guess.

I don't care what people think. Ha Ha! :ylsmoke: :sombrero: :elkgrin:

Last edited:

Milo902

Adventurer
I don't care what people think. Ha Ha! :ylsmoke: :sombrero: :elkgrin:

Ha, good for you. I try not to, but I'm a little dude so big trucks make me feel a bit self conscious. No biggie, I like driving smaller trucks anyways, hence the 4Runner. I really wish more of the trucks (both old and new) came in an 80% size (like the current taco), but I know I'm the minority.

Someday I would like an older ranger w/ a 5.0 and some go-fast TTB goodness for cheap desert fun.

Clutch

<---Pass
Ha, good for you. I try not to, but I'm a little dude so big trucks make me feel a bit self conscious. No biggie, I like driving smaller trucks anyways, hence the 4Runner. I really wish more of the trucks (both old and new) came in an 80% size (like the current taco), but I know I'm the minority.

Oh, I am only 5'8"....I used to operate heavy equipment for a living and have my CDL, 3/4 ton pick-em-up trucks feel tiny to some of the machines we owned. I have been driving Toyotas for the past 25 years...I like the size of them too. Tell ya what though....the current Tacoma isn't that much smaller than the vintage domestic fullsizes.

I have been toying with the idea of buying a short bed F100 for a daily driver. This one was on the PHX CL for only $13K.

00M0M_gW9lHCS2j4o_600x450.jpg

I dunno as long as you don't lift them too high...it wouldn't be too ridiculous. I get high performance suspension...I do not get street queens though...

...like this one, seems ruined to me.
Off-Road_Expo-052-ford-f250-crew-cab.jpg

This is a little more my taste.

thumb_001_370_277.jpg

Someday I would like an older ranger w/ a 5.0 and some go-fast TTB goodness for cheap desert fun

Hell yeah...it would have to be a F100 for me.

999d13df27a879fbf5ecdc379f7e8fa8.jpg

10455843_612253722214873_2028283732659039644_n.jpg

That is a big affirmative! Right click > save picture as.....

How cool would that be to build that for real?

Last edited:

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society

Someday I would like an older ranger w/ a 5.0 and some go-fast TTB goodness for cheap desert fun.

Hijacking the thread for a moment...

I love my old Ranger with a 5.0L! :sombrero:

End of hijack.

Clutch

<---Pass
Agreed. On an older truck like that, I would much rather cut & grind to stuff the tires than lift it, most of them already sit high enough.

I had 35's on my '76 F250 highboy...stock suspension.

That RC truck I posted...think it would be cool to build a "real" stock highboy ride height...but toss on some 40 or 42's, I "think" you can get away by installing some glass fenders and bedsides.

Are you seeing my vision? ;) :)

79 ext4.jpg

Have a pic somewhere of a a stock Ranger that has 35's stock suspension...and glass fenders. Believe Woolworth's Motorsports built it. Can get the look of a prerunner, then add suspension as funds allow.

This thing is a beast ^^

Yeah it is...one of my favs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles