62 vs. 80 interior size

fastevo

Hey guys I have been lurking and searching here for some time. I currently have a 1997 Land Cruiser and was wondering if the 62 series has more useable interior space. I have heard the 60-62 series have a "roomier" back seat for passengers, but was curious if the rest of the interior is larger as well? I haven't been able to find the answer here or on MUD..... Any info from guys who have knowledge of both series would be much appreciated. Regards, Steve

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
I think the 6x's series have a bigger cargo room...
as far as the back seat goes.. it might that the 6x's are slightly roomier, but im sure the 80's series seats are comfier than a 25+ year old seat

fullybalanced

Too many plans, not enough time
ditto... I own a 97 FZJ80 and had a 84 FJ60. if you take off the padded leather upolstry and put on cloth lined cardboard that's about how much room you gain in the cabin. The cargo area is larger becuase you don't have 3rd row caplibility and it's more boxy. IT IS NOT WORTH THE TRADEOFF FOR COMFORT !!!!

theside00

Adventurer
60/62 will also seem roomier because the second row folds flat where the 80 second row just fold up against the back row.

Im 6'5" and I can sleep in the back of a 60 but I cant in the back of an 80 because of that reason.

Dangler

Agree with Adam, I sleep in my 60 frequently - I'm a shade over 6'

Here's a pic from this past weekend.
v8Ao5vS.png

rusty_tlc

Explorer
The wife and I have discussed this at length, our impression is our 84 60 series "feels" bigger than our 98 100 series because the doors and rear windows are more vertical.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Just FYI, I pulled one of the back seats out of my 80 and can sleep in it with the back closed up. I am 5'11" on a good day. :)

Cheers

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I do the same, pull one side, and sleep on that side, leave the other for my daughter. I am 6' exactly.
Just FYI, I pulled one of the back seats out of my 80 and can sleep in it with the back closed up. I am 5'11" on a good day. :)

Cheers

AndrewP

Explorer
60/62 feels bigger inside just due to the fact that the windows do not slope inwards nearly as much.

I sleep in 80/60/62 with the back seats out. I built a platform in my 60 and 80 that makes for very comfortable stretched out sleeping and I'm 6'1".

krazytoy

Adventurer
The 60 second row seat is much smaller than the 80 due to the wheel wells taking up at least 6" on each side. I could fit 3 car seats in my 80, no way in my 60...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94