60' Expedition Yacht

Jhartung

@CanucksRedRocket you read it right - it's a full displacement boat and 8.5 knots is it's ideal speed. Above that you start burning fuel at an exponential rate. While slow, full displacement vessels move more weight more economically and are much more stable when the waves get big. That's a part of what makes it an ideal expedition yacht!

oh ok, im new the boating world, so i figured i better ask, i like the look of the yacht, i prefer that style to alot of the "fancy" yachts i used to see at the harbour near my old house.

erstwild

oh ok, im new the boating world, so i figured i better ask, i like the look of the yacht, i prefer that style to alot of the "fancy" yachts i used to see at the harbour near my old house.

Not the owner but I think I have a passing familiarity. I think this beautiful example would be generally be classed in the "trawlers and tugs" category as opposed to the semi-displacement or planing hull designs which are more popular with sportboat or fast cabin cruiser yacht designs. This has a full displacement hull and comparatively slow top speed which is very stable and efficient which makes it ideal for long distance coastal or open ocean voyages.

Jhartung

Thanks @erstwild, great description! For anyone interested or considering this, we can arrange both transport and training worldwide. It's actually quite friendly to run and the systems are easily understood by anyone with familiarity with expedition trucks. In fact, much of the equipment is the same - just more of it and bigger.

Ron Costa

That's a very beautiful LRC. My dad is seeking a boat like the Scout...Is it listed with an exclusive broker or are you able to sell it directly?

Ron Costa

I'm new to this forum, so not quite certain how things work. I'd like to talk to you on the phone in greater detail about the Scout...Any chance you can PM me?

zimm

Expedition Leader
if'n I was older and didn't like sails anymore.. and was retired.... Trawlers are great to age into. An older friend of mine was talking trawler. I'll be sending this over for ********** and giggles. That is a really nice boat.

Nice dad too. Mine took me to Disneyland once, when I was 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles