6 Things You Should Know About FCC Changes for FRS and GMRS Radios

MidlandUSA

Supporting Sponsor
FCC-Logo-250x249.png

These FCC changes were made in September 2017 but we figured we should share them as we still get tons of questions regarding how our two-way radios are classified.

READ HERE

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
There is a pop up for a 15% discount. It has a little 'X' in the upper right that a simple click can make go away if that offends you.

Last edited:

Billoftt

Nice to know. I noticed that I was not able to purchase an MXT275, is that unit sold out or backordered?

Also, when does that discount code expire?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Airmapper

Inactive Member
I noticed that I was not able to purchase an MXT275, is that unit sold out or backordered?

Well, it says right on the page for that radio it's back-ordered....so I'm guessing yeah.

Been watching for a chance to get a few of them myself for a while. When they are in stock and I can use one of those coupon codes I'll probably get 2 units and associated antenna gear.

Billoftt

Well, it says right on the page for that radio it's back-ordered....so I'm guessing yeah.

Been watching for a chance to get a few of them myself for a while. When they are in stock and I can use one of those coupon codes I'll probably get 2 units and associated antenna gear.
I forgot to change the battery in my head and missed that. I just went with a 115. I kinda wish they would at least let us order the backordered 275 with the discount code and just wait for it.

Anyway, did you see that Anytone 2m/70cm clone they re-branded? Kinda has me curious...

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Anyway, did you see that Anytone 2m/70cm clone they re-branded? Kinda has me curious...

The 40 watt unit? I wouldn't doubt it's the same radio with a few components tweaked and the programming locked. Kinda like the Baofeng GMRS HT's, they are UV-82's that have been locked from transmitting out of band.

Yeah I kind of wanted that 40 watt unit for the extra power, but for the extra cost and the fact I'd have to mount it where I can see the face, makes it more of a hassle for me.

Airmapper

Inactive Member
I believe Bill is referring to their new ham radio, https://midlandusa.com/product-category/amateur-radios/

Oh cool, no I had not seen that. Makes sense though since the 40watt unit is in a different Anytone radio case. Don't really think of Midland for ham gear. At least they are tracking with the Anytone on price, I would have thought poorly of them if they charged more for the same radio, but they don't seem to be so kudos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles