6 on 4.5" trailer hubs?

Fenrir

Observer
I'd like to match the hubs on my trailer to my Xterra which is 6 on 4.5". Kind of an odd size. I know I could use adapters but given the cost I'd rather swap the hub / axle if possible. Anyone know of a source or solution?

Thanks.

Fenrir

Observer
I can't find an axle that has 6 on 4.5" hubs, thus the issue. Hence me seeing if someone knew of a confirmed source.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero:If it's a torsion axle, probably DEXTER, you can get new hubs/w diff. stud patterns, for $85 bucks/ea-

If it's a military, you'll probably have to goto "M" forums, or like suggested--get some spacers-

I've gotta set of JK jeep to Xterra wheels, but they're not for sale--

Good luck, give synergy/Quadratec/Spidertrax-a check

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
Just make sure that the trailer axle hub will fit through the centerbore on your stock wheel. If not, you are gonna need a spacer anyway or machine the wheels.

If you end up going the adapter route, make sure the centerbore of the adapter will clear the trailer axle hub as well. Spidertrax didn't clear Dexter or Reliable as of a year ago.

-Josh

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
The 6 on 4.5 hub are not available. You can get 6 on 5.5 to 6 on 4.5 adapters made. To match the wheel studs you will need 12mm x 1.25 studs pressed in.

Let me know, e mail is best, if you need AT to get a set for you.

Fenrir

Observer
Aww crap, I didn't think there were hubs available in that pattern. I really don't want to go the spacer route as my trailers track is already a bit wider than my Xterra. Maybe ill adapt my truck to 6 on 5.5". Ill send you an email Martyn to see what you can offer.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Maybe ill adapt my truck to 6 on 5.5".

Why? Are you trying to run the same wheels and tires on the car and the trailer and only carry one spare? This thought process never made sense to me. It's much cheaper to carry a separate spare than change the lug pattern on your car.

Silver dude

Xplorer
I really don't want to go the spacer route as my trailers track is already a bit wider than my Xterra.

Just a thought as Xterra rims are generally high backspace. Have you compared the Xterra wheels backspace to your current trailer wheels? Perhaps the Xterra wheels with spacers may not hang out as far as your current trailer wheels if they have a lower backspace.

justbecause

perpetually lost
The 6 on 4.5 hub are not available. You can get 6 on 5.5 to 6 on 4.5 adapters made. To match the wheel studs you will need 12mm x 1.25 studs pressed in.

Let me know, e mail is best, if you need AT to get a set for you.

I am in the same boat. I bought a set of xterra wheels because I never imagined I wouldnt be able to find a trailer hub in that pattern. Is there enough demand for nissan matching hubs for yall to find a manufacturer and offer them?

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
I'd like to match the hubs on my trailer to my Xterra which is 6 on 4.5". Kind of an odd size. I know I could use adapters but given the cost I'd rather swap the hub / axle if possible. Anyone know of a source or solution?

Thanks.

Dragging this back up because I find myself in the same situation. Did anyone make a hub? Custom or otherwise? I bought a scout trailer and want to run my xterra wheels with it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ottsville

Observer
Dragging this back up because I find myself in the same situation. Did anyone make a hub? Custom or otherwise? I bought a scout trailer and want to run my xterra wheels with it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at axle manufacturer websites or Etrailer. They will have pretty much anything that is available.

justbecause

perpetually lost
I'm thankful that before I spent a ton of money on getting 3 axles with matching wheels I decided a trailer wasn't for me.

I talked to ever hub manufacturer I could get on the phone and no one would make me a hub. I ran down the options and as far as I could tell they were.
Run a nissan axle under the trailer
Adapt a 2wd front spindle to work
Titan swap the truck

Of those, I think the titan swap is the best option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior