6 Family EMP Proof 36-38' Expedition Rig

bowpay

I hear the 'prepper' talk all the time, especially in the South when we travel. Have met preppers in NM and AZ for example, building underground housing, etc. My response has always been, there's more per capita, ammunition and guns in this country, than open roads, uninhabited prairies, fresh water, food, game, and of course, fuel, for us to avoid. You can have all of the ammo/guns for six, but as soon as a group of seven or more show up, watcha gonna do?

I appreciate you chiming in but my question wasn't about information on prepping. I already chose my lifestyle.

jkam

nomadic man
My old 78 Mercedes 240D is EMP proof.
It also has a 15 gallon fuel tank in the trunk giving me a range of about 1000 miles.
I've often thought about getting an old Airstream or Argosy trailer of the same vintage.
It would be slower than molasses in the winter, but it would still be on the road when most others stopped.

mp_tx

Observer
Why build a vehicle around an event (EMP) that lasts a fraction of a second? You are way better off building a shielded garage, lined with lead. EMP occurs, your bugout RV is safe inside, Un shield it, fire it up after the event and drive around laughing at everyone else on the side of the road. Of course, they will be pissed and jealous you are driving around in your 38 foot ”look at me” RV and will probably make efforts to stop you. The EMP event is probably the least of your worries in your apocalypse scenario.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94