5V USB Jerrycan pump and faucet, super simple!

BorealOverland

So after building my kitchen module / slide platform i was looking for a way to get running water from
my 13L jerrycan that i bought because it fits perfectly on the slide next to the kitchen module..

Many of you might have seen or used these little 5V USB pumps,
but i just recently discovered them after a tip from @plh in another tread, thanks again.

I don't know how long these little suckers last so i ordered an extra jerrycan cap with spout just as backup.
So far it runs quiet and has a good flow rate.

BorealOverlandKitchen.jpg

A micro DIY job, drill hole in the jerrycan cap, screw in a cable gland, push pump snug into rubber in cable gland, tighten gland, done.

Cheers!
Steve.

Link to Kitchen Platform build:
(https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...for-my-8020-kitchen-module-photoheavy.224090/ )

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
So after building my kitchen module / slide platform i was looking for a way to get running water from
my 13L jerrycan that i bought because it fits perfectly on the slide next to the kitchen module..

Many of you might have seen or used these little 5V USB pumps,
but i just recently discovered them after a tip from @plh in another tread, thanks again.

I don't know how long these little suckers last so i ordered an extra jerrycan cap with spout just as backup.
So far it runs quiet and has a good flow rate.

View attachment 656993

A micro DIY job, drill hole in the jerrycan cap, screw in a cable gland, push pump snug into rubber in cable gland, tighten gland, done.

Cheers!
Steve.

Link to Kitchen Platform build:
(https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...for-my-8020-kitchen-module-photoheavy.224090/ )
What did you use for drawers in your 8020 gearbox build?

BorealOverland

What did you use for drawers in your 8020 gearbox build?

The drawers are made with storage crates, Euro style 60cm x 40cm.
For me it was the most simple and lightweight option.

I bought them in Germany, don't know if they sell in the US.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
The drawers are made with storage crates, Euro style 60cm x 40cm.
For me it was the most simple and lightweight option.

I bought them in Germany, don't know if they sell in the US.

Very nice integration of an existing product!

BorealOverland

Do you have a link to the pump and faucet you used? I'd love to have some semblance of a sink in my rig.

There you go:

There are a dozen types out there, i just picked this one because of the good reviews it gets..
I have seen some with a On and Off button next to the "waterpump" button, those might be better
if you are worried about gear or stuff pushing the switch On by accident.

Steve.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles