'59 Series II temtation

EricM

Standard American Mutt
http://terrehaute.craigslist.org/cto/3469630605.html

1959 Land Rover Series II available. $2700 Runs and moves on its own. Engine fires up and smoothes out fine every time. Trans shifts and 4wd works great. Body beat up from offrroading but is all aluminium so no rust there. Frame is solid. Typical bulkhead damage from offroading but in repairable shape. Will really have to see and hear to make a good decision, but where else are you going to come across a running example of a Series II that is mostly complete and ready to be your winter project? Not interested in trades at this time. Looking to clear out space in my back lot before the snow hits.

3Gf3M13F45Ge5Ha5J5ccba37641530b8513b9.jpg

SO, I am tempted by this. I know absolutely nothing about Land Rovers other than what I have read here at Expedition Portal. I do remember seeing them at Cameron Highlands when I lived in Malaysia. The plan for this, if I go forward, would be to just make it run reliably and make it street legal, then paint a "CH" on the doors. I would drive it around and see how many people understand the reference.

I am not sure on the price, it seems a little high? but then again, I don't know, maybe the older trucks cost that much regardless of condition.

So very tempted.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
there was a whole thread on this specific truck a while back. its a basketcase project worth $1500 max

czenkov

Adventurer
Running and driving for $2700? Pickup cab can be worth $300-$800. If it runs and drives, passes inspection, and can be a driving restoration? I think it might be worth the money. How are the hydraulics? Brake lines, cylinders, and master cylinder all good? Hydraulic clutch in good shape? Any new parts? Overdrive? Where is the rust? Look at door bottoms, real crossmember, floor panels, and bulkhead. Looks like the body capping are painted? Should be galvy along with the windscreen frame and other pieces.

Good luck. I love mine and they are a fun toy and putt-putt.

Ad has been removed. Did you buy it?

czenkov

Adventurer
A friend is considering that one. No title - bill of sale only. Ran 5 or so years ago before it was parked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz