55W IPFs on a 45W circuit?

UncleChris

Adventurer
So now that I have the ARB on on and the IPFs in a box in the garage, I looked at the OEM Toyota Foglamps and the bulbs say 45W on them.

How much of a risk would it be to hook the 55W IPFs to the factory wiring harness for the 45W lamps?

I have the FSMs at home, but nowhere can I find the fuse info on the fogs. I looked in the fuse box, and there does not seem to be anything on what fuse is for what.

Tonight I will look a little closer.

Thanks

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
10 watts shouldn't be an issue...

But why not use the stock harness and stock switch to run a relay instead? Then you can pop 100 watt bulbs into the IPF's.

UncleChris

Adventurer
mountainpete said:
10 watts shouldn't be an issue...

But why not use the stock harness and stock switch to run a relay instead? Then you can pop 100 watt bulbs into the IPF's.

That is a cool idea. Thanks Pete!

asteffes

Explorer
Chris, while you're at it, get yourself a pair of the 80/100 watt H4 bulbs for the headlamps from rallylights.com. They really nice with the stock '05+ headlamp housings.

You'll have no trouble running the 55 watt bulbs on the foglamp harness, but run a relay if you're going to use the 110 watt bulbs. Might as well go all the way. :)

UncleChris

Adventurer
asteffes said:
Chris, while you're at it, get yourself a pair of the 80/100 watt H4 bulbs for the headlamps from rallylights.com. They really nice with the stock '05+ headlamp housings.

You'll have no trouble running the 55 watt bulbs on the foglamp harness, but run a relay if you're going to use the 110 watt bulbs. Might as well go all the way. :)

Thanks Adam,

Strangely enough there are two 100W bulbs in the box with the 968s.

You going to join us at Hollister on Saturday? Gotta test out the new lift.

asteffes

Explorer
UncleChris said:
Thanks Adam,

Strangely enough there are two 100W bulbs in the box with the 968s.

You going to join us at Hollister on Saturday? Gotta test out the new lift.

Yeha, IPF likes to make a big deal out of the fact that they include 55 and 100 watt bulbs with the 968.

Not sure I can make it unless you're going really early.

UncleChris

Adventurer
asteffes said:
Yeha, IPF likes to make a big deal out of the fact that they include 55 and 100 watt bulbs with the 968.

Not sure I can make it unless you're going really early.

Garlic Farm at 9:30, I'll be tuned into Loma(146.640)

Turns out that there will be a bunch of Rovers out, good to see 'em being used in the dirt.

Hope to see ya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier