5' 3" Rattlesnake

rk_az

Adventurer
Invited a rattlesnake to dinner last weekend.

P1110320.jpg

P1110321.jpg

P1110322.jpg

P1110324.jpg

fangs.jpg

piffey263

poor guy,

with that said I probably would of done the same thing. interesting seeing the fangs though.

rk_az

Adventurer
This is the hunting section, right? :)

I usually leave them alone, but have always wanted to try the meat. It was bit rubbery when deep fried. I won't need to try another one...

Last edited:

obkook

I've eaten plenty of snake in China cooked in all manner of ways. My favorite was probably "5 step" (you're dead after taking 5 steps should you get bit) deep fried.

My least favorite was snake gall bladder bile mixed with a cup of maotai.

They are very bony to eat though.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
This is the hunting section, right? :)

I usually leave them alone, but have always wanted to try the meat. It was bit rubbery when deep fried. I won't need to try another one...

I've had fried in butter and garlic, and cooked over an open flame.

Found it alright, but not something I would go out of my way for.

rk_az

Adventurer
55 grains of polymer-tipped copper, issued from the barrel of my AR-15, from a safe distance. :)

Ancientwind

Rattlesnake is a delicious breakfast meat! When rangling in Colorado in my youth, I loved eating it - favorite way was to boil it for 20 minutes (to soften it up) then fry it in bacon grease... Yum!

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I was curious about your approach as well. Loved the answer. I was hoping you said you snuck up on it, jumped on top and wrestled with it.

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Good eating for sure, at home I have snake shot as first round in my pistol which is on my side always. 5' to 7' snakes/pit vipers are common here pigmy rattlers are even more common oh and that little coral too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior