5.11 Tactical pants at Mesa Thrift Store - $5 each

Will Russell

I was just in the Mesa Thrift Store, at 1018 W. Main. I got nine pair of brand new 5.11 Tactical socks for a buck each. They still have six pair of 5.11 Tactical ripstop pants. Two black, two OD, and two tan. About half of them are brand new, and the others are nearly new. $4.99 apiece. Wouldn't fit me, but they might be perfect for someone else. 54" waist. They were apparently unhemmed originally, so no length is listed. I'd guess they're around 30-32" inseam. Obviously, but for the record, I've got no horse in this race. Will

Will Russell

That is a really good deal. I like the zip-off legs, too. I've personally never had a pair of 5.11 Tactical pants, but I've seen them for sale and the price knocked my head off. I'm not a brand-name-as-a-status-symbol kind of guy, so I'm definitely going to check out the Costco ones. Thanks for the head's up.

Camelfilter

Explorer
Nice find on the 5.11's OP!

I'm no expert on "5.11 tactical pants", but I have found something similar at Costco: https://www.costco.com/BC-Clothing-Men’s-Convertible-Pant-with-Stretch.product.100313737.html

These seem pretty decent to me, green, gray, and tan. I"ve already got two pair :)

Good tip on the Costco's, I'll have to see if any of our locals have some in store next we're in for a shop.

As for 5.11 pants, I've taken to wearing there "Stryke" pant fir everyday wear. Rip stop stain/water restant coated, with a nicely flexible waist band, waist band extends to accommodate my concealed carry handgun, then retracts again once home for standard carry.

The other nice features on that pant are the pockets, 2 magazine pockets in front of the front pockets. Perfect for a flashlight on one side & a spare magazine (or 2, depends).

The cargo pockets have 2 inserts for M14 magazines each, which are also perfect sized for my phones, so I they are not flopping all over.

Ok in my workplace, look professional/nice enough, great for most outdoorsy stuff except cutting thru scrub/thorns. Not thick enough for that but will do for a one off/quick work.

A whole bunch of colors, but they are pricey!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
"Tactical" pant. With a 54" waist. I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around that concept. I mean for what? Night raids on Burger Death and Slam Dunkin Donuts?

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Pew Pew has been of my long time favorites. Can you imagine being on the other end of his boom mic? I doubt you'd hear anything over the wheezing and rasping generated by his struggle to take the next step.

And good lord has "tactical" been done to death. I mean shoot, EVERYbody needs a Tactical Grip for their Go Pro so you can get that tactical shot while you're operating and doing a bunch of tactical stuff.

TommyG

Adventurer
Pew Pew has been of my long time favorites. Can you imagine being on the other end of his boom mic? I doubt you'd hear anything over the wheezing and rasping generated by his struggle to take the next step.

Those pants he bought at the Thrift Store with the 54" waist are too tight. He can't breathe.

Sedonut

Adventurer
I bet the guy that wears the 54 " waist tactical pants has the pockets filled with candy bars and an extra spoon. It's a huge effort for him to get from his couch to the refrigerator, he needs survival supplies just in case he is delayed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles