4xe

FordGuy1

Adventurer
especially when that FordGuy claims to own 5 Jeep Dealerships lol
for an industry guy connected with 16 dealerships he seems lacking in industry knowledge
this vehicle is comparable to the GM EV1 from the early 1990s..... it is production experimental

I'd like to hear about the dealership/manufacturer reaction to actual disappointed owners rather than hype and speculation
First off, I do not own any dealerships. I am the Fixed Operations director for a dealer group who owns 16 dealerships, and 19 franchises. I am just telling you guys that in our Jeep dealerships, the 4xe has been a huge issue. I am sure that next year, most issues will be worked out. Lacking industry knowledge? You are a little naive.

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
Just turned 4000 miles on ours. Still breaking it in but we've been enjoying the electric miles around town, normal gas fillups on long distance trips like any regular car, and the fun power on tap anytime we lay into the throttle. So far the biggest thing we miss from our 18 JLU is the fold-flat rear seat / storage under the seat that's been eaten up by the 17kwh battery.

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2337.JPG

IMG_2552.JPG

Jupiter58

Nice! Just curious, on a trip using the electric just as an assist for accelerating how long does it last?
Just turned 4000 miles on ours. Still breaking it in but we've been enjoying the electric miles around town, normal gas fillups on long distance trips like any regular car, and the fun power on tap anytime we lay into the throttle. So far the biggest thing we miss from our 18 JLU is the fold-flat rear seat / storage under the seat that's been eaten up by the 17kwh battery.
]

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
Nice! Just curious, on a trip using the electric just as an assist for accelerating how long does it last?

That's easy - it always has electric just as an assist, even when the battery is drained (Jeep displays <1%). It maintains a ~15% reserve so the electric motors are always available for boost/assist to the gas engine if you hammer it.

On long trips I typically run Hybrid mode around town (Jeep prioritizes electric driving) then switch into E-save mode when highway cruising. E-save mode runs the gas engine and has 2 options - "maintain" the battery state or "charge" the battery. We select "charge" at the cost of a little worse MPGs and see it recharge the battery slowly over a trip. Our last long trip I'm getting about 20 MPG in that mode running 80 MPH on winter gas.

No matter what mode you're in - hybrid, electric, or gas, and no matter what the charge level of the battery is, if you put your foot down you're getting all the beans. You get slightly more beans when the battery is closer to full charge, as a youtuber found out drag racing his sahara 4xe.

autism family travels

Hey Nick.... How many KMs are you getting from a charge on the 4xe? also, what is the total range including gas kms.? I want to compare my old 2104 JKU to it. Thanks.

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
Hey Nick.... How many KMs are you getting from a charge on the 4xe? also, what is the total range including gas kms.? I want to compare my old 2104 JKU to it. Thanks.

I wouldn't buy the 4xe if your primary concern is long-range driving. We're getting 26 miles / 42 km per charge in the summer, down to about 22 mi / 35 km in the winter since we run the heated seats, wheel, and cabin heat.

Total range according to the dash computer is ~300 miles / 482 km. Jeep advertises 370 mi (595km), we were hoping for more range as it broke in but it's been pretty steady at 300. Our gas MPG is ~20-22 after we deplete the battery and depending on the driving we're doing (often at 75-80 mph on the highway). I haven't done a long trip and kept track manually so I'm only relying on what the computer estimates. It has a 17.2 gallon fuel tank (78L) so @ 20 mi/gal it should be able to do 340 miles on a full tank of fuel in addition to the electric miles.
You'll probably get better range out of a non-rubicon spec 4xe with street tires, also probably better range out of a non-electric wrangler with the 2.0L engine and a 22.5 gal fuel tank. Max range is likely achieved with a diesel wrangler.

SlickRope

I wouldn't buy the 4xe if your primary concern is long-range driving. We're getting 26 miles / 42 km per charge in the summer, down to about 22 mi / 35 km in the winter since we run the heated seats, wheel, and cabin heat.

Total range according to the dash computer is ~300 miles / 482 km. Jeep advertises 370 mi (595km), we were hoping for more range as it broke in but it's been pretty steady at 300. Our gas MPG is ~20-22 after we deplete the battery and depending on the driving we're doing (often at 75-80 mph on the highway). I haven't done a long trip and kept track manually so I'm only relying on what the computer estimates. It has a 17.2 gallon fuel tank (78L) so @ 20 mi/gal it should be able to do 340 miles on a full tank of fuel in addition to the electric miles.
You'll probably get better range out of a non-rubicon spec 4xe with street tires, also probably better range out of a non-electric wrangler with the 2.0L engine and a 22.5 gal fuel tank. Max range is likely achieved with a diesel wrangler.

How's the power feel with the extra weight? Let's throw MPG's out the window for a minuet and talk drivability. Will it handle 37s and drive up hills like the diesel can? Just trying to get a feel to see if the hybrid should be in the same class.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
I love the idea of the 4xe and am really hoping they fix the bugs and don't go to an all-electric version. Although I can't imagine starting up another finance note, the 22-mi all-electric range would be plenty for me since I work from home now and primarily only take the kiddo to and from daycare daily... especially as the US grid cleans up its initial energy sources. Have to always remember, EV doesn't always mean green.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I love the idea of the 4xe and am really hoping they fix the bugs and don't go to an all-electric version. Although I can't imagine starting up another finance note, the 22-mi all-electric range would be plenty for me since I work from home now and primarily only take the kiddo to and from daycare daily... especially as the US grid cleans up its initial energy sources. Have to always remember, EV doesn't always mean green.
They will fix the issues. Its just scary when you have so many that Jeep has no idea how to fix. Its a shame to be tearing down new vehicles throwing harness, control assy, and it does not fix the vehicle. I hate guessing.

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
How's the power feel with the extra weight? Let's throw MPG's out the window for a minuet and talk drivability. Will it handle 37s and drive up hills like the diesel can? Just trying to get a feel to see if the hybrid should be in the same class.

Never driven a diesel JL or any vehicle on 37s so I don't have any direct experience but plenty of people are throwing 37s on 4xes with a 2" lift. I think on paper the 4xe is more powerful but weights a little more so should have comparable performance. When you put your foot down in ours it presses you back into the seat in a way no wrangler should.

Cmon, all electric would be fun and I bet it's coming. Look at the F150 lightning. It's going to change the game big time. We're going to need an army of electricians installing high power charging all over the place though.
Agreed on the EV doesn't mean green bit... We charge ours primarily with solar power (although those of course have their own carbon footprint like everything else...).

They will fix the issues. Its just scary when you have so many that Jeep has no idea how to fix. Its a shame to be tearing down new vehicles throwing harness, control assy, and it does not fix the vehicle. I hate guessing.

Agreed also - kinda like the TFL guy's brand new defender that kept throwing check engine lights until the dealer/factory bought it back from them. Loads of computers these days controlling every option.

mletschin

Have had my 4xe since August. Love It!
I have had little to no problems. It does have less range than some other vehicles but being in the US I am never that far from a gas station. I have mine with the Mopar 2" lift and 35s and I still get an average of 19mpg. Thats with my adventure top, all my gear added.

Overall I think its a game changer but I do wish they would have done the hybrid with the diesel instead of the 2.0 Turbo.

IMG_9003.jpg

JDaPP

Adventurer
Have had my 4xe since August. Love It!
I have had little to no problems. It does have less range than some other vehicles but being in the US I am never that far from a gas station. I have mine with the Mopar 2" lift and 35s and I still get an average of 19mpg. Thats with my adventure top, all my gear added.

Overall I think its a game changer but I do wish they would have done the hybrid with the diesel instead of the 2.0 Turbo.

View attachment 704174
Who makes the top you have?

schmugboy

Observer
Hopefully this is not out of line. But any word on the 4xe Grand Cherokee version. I would assume it may get better results because of aerodynamics, but the price seems a little steep. I would also assume it may have the same problems/bugs to be worked out.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Hopefully this is not out of line. But any word on the 4xe Grand Cherokee version. I would assume it may get better results because of aerodynamics, but the price seems a little steep. I would also assume it may have the same problems/bugs to be worked out.
I sure hope they hold off for a little while. I dont think we have sold a Grand Wagoneer yet that has not boomeranged right back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles