4xe

billiebob

Great looking TJ... and I don't think you can go wrong with Gecko! It's crazy to think they get the same mileage towing when the '21 weighs 5200 lbs and the '06 was around 3750. Unreal how heavy modern cars have become...

I had a 98 Cherokee, 2 dr, 4.0L / 5spd canadian spec. It was light and fun but slow in the mountains when we loaded it for camping. I never towed with it but I wasn't all that confident in it's ability to stop in a hurry or pass anyone going up a hill. May have been the gearing though, I think stock it was geared pretty tall.

View attachment 686034
ps, somehow in my drunken stupor last night and the revival of fond memories with your post.....
I forgor ro say very cool Jeep, love the colour, love where you are going, inspired by where you have been.
Looking forward to future updates.
What island? Sounds like a bicycle is the answer!

First few commuting trips we're seeing 25+ miles on electric only, nearly all backroads. Jeep is estimating 26 miles all electric range when fully charged. It was a nice day out so no HVAC draw.

View attachment 679750View attachment 679751View attachment 679752

Exactly, a bicycle is often the best choice.
I want for a senior friendly pure electric Vespa.

Most e-bikes are far too aggressive for me. With a bad knee I'm not a fan of electric assist, I'd rather drive than pedal.

The other HUGE choice is reducing the commute. Reverse the trend to bedroom communities. Make EVERY residential community self sustaining. No need to commute. I am amazed even I did a 90 minute commute to work in the 1980s.... I loved my job, we loved rural living, rural schooling for the kids. BUT there must be a better way to live than driving 180 minutes every day.

NOW to try to bring this back on topic...... nope, not possible.

Beyond the energy we consume is why we consume that energy.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I would suggest to anyone thinking about purchasing a 4Xe, wait. We own five Jeep dealerships, and this is the worst vehicle failure I have seen in 30 years.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Care to elaborate? With all due respect, I have to take a comment bashing a Jeep from a guy named FordGuy1 with a bit of a grain of salt.
Well, cant really have FORDGUYJEEPGUYRAMGUYHYUNDAIGUYGENISISGUYMAZDAGUY, its just too long. I run fixed ops for a dealer group. We have 16 dealerships, Stellantis is many of them. I can tell you that I handle heat everyday from customers who's 4xe did not make it off the truck. Just yesterday, One store had 6 4xe sitting waiting for the FSE to figure out whats wrong. The scary part for me is that they seem to have different issues. To have the charge module sit so low that it requires a skid plate, and clearly this module will submege under water with 80 wires in the connector scares the ******** out of me.

onemanarmy

Explorer
All these bricked $60k plus completely over the top complex wranglers (for 1.5 mpgs?!) are gonna be a funny sight, after they get some miles and usage in them. What is the purpose of these, really?

Spending billions, adding 50 computers and miles of wire, and using up finite natural resources (that could be used to make ALL of our lives better, not just a few Jeep Wranglers) to eek out 1 mpg is beyond stupifying.

Lets look into adding lightness. Lets focus on longevity, relaiblilty, ruggedness, repairability, and standardizing parts......keeping a car on the road is far more eco-friendly than constantly building new ones.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
What is the purpose of these, really?
I don't have any insider info, though I think it's immensely clear these are production pathfinders / mules / data gathering for the inevitable fully electric Wrangler and Gladiator that are surely coming.
Maybe not next year, and maybe not the year after, but they're certainly coming.

-Dan

JDaPP

Adventurer
Personally I appreciate the effort of at least giving people a choice. I don't want an electric car due to range but I do like the idea of electric around town, mostly to limit stops at the gas station. The government will mandate electric at some point, if this version of a hybrid allows me to meet that requirement and still travel long range with gas then great and thank you to jeep for trying. That being said the first year of any new system is always a crap shoot imho, I will be interested to see what it looks like in 2-3 years.

billiebob

I have to take a comment bashing a Jeep from a guy named FordGuy1 with a bit of a grain of salt.
especially when that FordGuy claims to own 5 Jeep Dealerships lol
for an industry guy connected with 16 dealerships he seems lacking in industry knowledge
this vehicle is comparable to the GM EV1 from the early 1990s..... it is production experimental

I'd like to hear about the dealership/manufacturer reaction to actual disappointed owners rather than hype and speculation

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
especially when that FordGuy claims to own 5 Jeep Dealerships lol
for an industry guy connected with 16 dealerships he seems lacking in industry knowledge
this vehicle is comparable to the GM EV1 from the early 1990s..... it is production experimental

I'd like to hear about the dealership/manufacturer reaction to actual disappointed owners rather than hype and speculation
I did do some poking around and it does appear the 4xE's are having issues...

Jupiter58

I own a 2013 jku and I do love Jeep’s. I can see why they did this and the demand for them is pretty amazing. This fills the need for the mall-crawlers and instagram babies. I think it’s their biggest selling model.
Certainly not ground breaking or even an option for oberlanders until the reliability is proven.

Yes, oberlanders is a new term I use to differentiate.

Uberlanders the 4+ ton vehicle and or trailer crowd

Overlanders - anyone camping from a vehicle in a spot that doesn’t require a lift and 4wd to get to. Because every Camry and tundra and 2wd Astro van have appropriated this term.

Oberlanders- Less than 4 tons and serious about getting somewhere with 4wd and ground clearance that the other two types couldn’t or are afraid to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dstock

Explorer
I did do some poking around and it does appear the 4xE's are having issues...

Yeah, I've been following along on the 4xeFans group on FB for a while now and there are definitely some issues, and the scary thing it's not just one issue, it's a variety of issues. As much as like the idea, I'm not sure this one is ready for prime time yet.

RCP

I own a 2013 jku and I do love Jeep’s. I can see why they did this and the demand for them is pretty amazing. This fills the need for the mall-crawlers and instagram babies. I think it’s their biggest selling model.
Certainly not ground breaking or even an option for oberlanders until the reliability is proven.

Uberlanders the 4+ ton vehicle and or trailer crowd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uberlander.PNG

I cant tell you how tempted I am to get this plate for my Power Wagon...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles