4x4 Sprinter Camper Van...! Whoa...

haven

Expedition Leader
The conversion to 4x4 was done by White Feather in Red Bluff. Their web site is http://whitefeather4x4conversions.com/

The web site says it costs $23,500 to convert a Sprinter 2500 (single rear wheels) today. So you could purchase a used Sprinter camper from Sportsmobile or other upfitter, and add The White Feather 4x4 conversion for less than the asking price of this particular vehicle.

With 4x4 a factory Sprinter option this year, I'm not sure White Feather will stay in business. Maybe they will add conversions for Ford Transit.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 8.15.59 AM.jpg

2008 4X4 SPRINTER. SWIVEL FRONT SEATS, CB RADIO, PROPANE STOVE, SINK, ELECTRIC REEFER/FREEZER WHICH IS RUN BY 2 SOLAR PANELS MOUNTED ON ROOF RACK. THE SOLAR ARRAY IS MOUNTED ON A REMOTE TILT ASSEMBLY TO FOLLOW THE SUN. FORCED AIR PROPANE FURNACE ON A THERMOSTAT. A 2 1/2 GALLON 110V HOT WATER HEATER, A FLAT PLATE THAT HEATS WATER ON MOTOR WHILE DRIVING AND AN ON DEMAND PROPANE HOT WATER SYSTEM. 20 GALLON WATER TANK, WALK IN BATHROOM WITH SHOWER/TOILET WITH PORCELAIN TOILET, MACERATOR AND HOLDING TANK. EXTERIOR SHOWER HOOKUP AND HOSE. 2 EXTERIOR 110 OUTLETS AND 1 EXTERIOR LIGHT. TWO 10 FOOT AWNINGS MOUNTED ON EACH SIDE OF VAN. REAR SPARE TIRE CARRIER, ALUMINESS ROOF RACK AND REAR SCREEN FOR THE REAR DOORS WHEN HOT. 2 ROOF VENTS THAT HAVE FANS IN BOTH. BOTH ARE RAIN SENSITIVE AND WILL CLOSE AUTOMATICALLY WITH ANY KIND OF MOISTURE.

4X4 SPECS.
3.5" LIFT, 2008 FORD F350 SUPER-DUTY DANA 60 MONO BEAM FRONT AXLE, FORD MANUAL LOCKING FRONT HUBS, 2008 FORD SUPER-DUTY OPEN FRONT DIFFERENTIAL, 2008 FORD SUPER-DUTY MANUAL 2 SPEED NV271 TRANSFER CASE, 2008 FORD SUPER-DUTY DANA DRIVELINES. MOOG SSD 92 STEERING STABILIZER. HEAVY DUTY FRONT AXLE TRACK BAR WITH REPLACEABLE POLY END BUSHINGS.
COIL FRONT AXLE SUSPENSION, BILLSTEIN SHOCKS, UPGRADED CHROME-MOLY FRONT AND REAR SWAY BARS. STEEL REAR AXLE LIFT BLOCKS, REAR AXLE TRACTION BAR. PAIR OF BILLET REAR WHEEL ADAPTERS AND 17" FORD ALUMINUM RIMS. 5 NEW TOYO OPEN COUNTRY ALL-TERRAIN TIRES. SLEEPS 2 SEATS 5.

I BOUGHT THIS FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER. HE HAD ALL THE WORK PROFESSIONALLY DONE AT SPORTSMOBILE AND A 4X4 SHOP IN RED BLUFF CA.
IF YOU MORE QUESTIONS GIVE ME A CALL..... show contact info THANKS.

speedtre

Explorer
The conversion to 4x4 was done by White Feather in Red Bluff. Their web site is http://whitefeather4x4conversions.com/

The web site says it costs $23,500 to convert a Sprinter 2500 (single rear wheels) today. So you could purchase a used Sprinter camper from Sportsmobile or other upfitter, and add The White Feather 4x4 conversion for less than the asking price of this particular vehicle.

With 4x4 a factory Sprinter option this year, I'm not sure White Feather will stay in business. Maybe they will add conversions for Ford Transit.

Yea, it's very cool but at this point I think I'd rather have a 2015 Factory 4x4 Sprinter and spend the $30-35K having the specific camper features I'd want built by Outside Van (or do it myself if I could find the time) and have a brand new for the same price. Unfortunately for the seller, I think Mercedes 4x4 option immediately killed about $20K of value for this particular vehicle...unless of course you HAVE to have it TODAY. :)

Hazelfilms

Man! if you genuinely have enough $$ to by something like this, well done, but I don't think I'll ever be able to afford a $90k vehicle. All that being said, this thing is pretty sweet...

aardvark7

I didn't even look at the ad. But I am wondering why there are a lot of people on this board that like to play dog pile on any ads posted as if their opinion mattered. This happens here again and again and again, and I've only been on here a few months. Isn't this sort of thing against the rules? If not, it should be.

Why do some of you think weighing in with your negative comments in the least bit helpful in anyway? Do any of you realize that your negative commentary will still be here for years and years, affecting the businesses in question? Do you even care? Moreover, what do you really know about pricing, labor costs, parts sourcing and what it actually takes to be profitable in a business like this? And why run down someone else's ad anyway? What do you know about what they may need to sell it for?

I've got a major expedition build underway, but I've decided to not publish anything at about it on this board because of this very thing. Too many self-righteous judgmental morons here. It will however, be published elsewhere. Frankly, I've decided this board has a very limited usefulness for anyone serious about engaging in research, conversation and communication. And I would NEVER advertise anything here.

You're ruining it for the rest of us with your stupid commentary.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Too many self-righteous judgmental morons here. It will however, be published elsewhere. Frankly, I've decided this board has a very limited usefulness for anyone serious about engaging in research, conversation and communication. And I would NEVER advertise anything here. You're ruining it for the rest of us with your stupid commentary.
Certainly a valid point, but pretty harsh. You have to understand that ExPo has been around a long time and has had a lot of growth in the past couple of years, with a lot of new people coming here from other places where the negative opinions from non-experts are more widespread. It's an unfortunate and growing problem.

I will say, though, that I don't know where else you can go to find a better situation. Of the places I've been, ExPo seems to have the highest ratio of useful information to uninformed opinions, and the majority of the participants are civil and helpful, with some of them world-class authorities in the respective topic. When you have 108,000 members, some of them are going to post just to see their names in print, even if they add nothing helpful to the topic. And selling things here usually goes pretty well; the terms of use when agree to when you sign up to participate say you may not post negative comments in people's classifieds. Anyway, I suggest you reconsider the merit of life here, especially as concerns your build thread, where you might get a lot of useful help.

And now, back to the Sprinter . . .

haven

Expedition Leader
"...play dog pile on any ads posted as if their opinion mattered...Isn't this sort of thing against the rules?"

Negative comments and kibitzing from the peanut gallery are verboten in the For Sale By ExPo Members area. This does not apply to posts (like this thread) informing about ads seen on eBay, Craigslist, and elsewhere.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Great quote Mike - "Of the places I've been, ExPo seems to have the highest ratio of useful information "

There are many members here who I will read a post by them just because when they weigh in, it's worth reading! Mike, Cole, Herbie and others are it for me on the vans.... I would love one, and learn a lot every time they post!

peneumbra

Explorer
As noted above, this forum is populated by many persons worldwide who are true experts in these sometime arcane subject matters. Honest opinions regarding technical issues will always be welcome, even if some of those opinions stated may in some ways be negative.

PA Slammer

Observer
"...play dog pile on any ads posted as if their opinion mattered...Isn't this sort of thing against the rules?"

Negative comments and kibitzing from the peanut gallery are verboten in the For Sale By ExPo Members area. This does not apply to posts (like this thread) informing about ads seen on eBay, Craigslist, and elsewhere.
Isn't your post doing the same thing you're upset about? If an opinion is truly negative, it shows. And if the person commenting is uninformed, informed readers will know. A business, or simply a sale can be difficult. But isn't that in the definition of it. Sometimes you have to prove (or disprove) why your product is worth what you're asking. For example is the Earthroamer worth upwards of $500,000? Well it would be if you had the income to afford it.

I once read that Brittany Spears had her private jet fly back to where ever to get her her favorite coffee. WHAT? I guess to her it didn't matter. My Dad still huffs when I buy a $4.00 Starbucks. It makes him so angry. If I had Brittany's money maybe a $4,000 coffee wouldn't matter.

I doubt it! But hey, what else you gonna spend it on?

Back to the Sprinter listed. I think its an awesome ride. I love my 3500 Sprinter, but I've got it stuck several times and can never take it down my driveway in the winter. The $90,000 would be worth it (with a few differences to suit my needs). However, I appreciate the opinions above, and they make VERY valid points! I too would rather spend the money and buy (then design) a new factory 4X4 Sprinter camper. Others may not. I was THINKING a lot of what they had posted while I was looking at the ad... then I read their posts. I thought, "Yep!"

In the meantime...
illegitimi non carborundum
I didn't even look at the ad. But I am wondering why there are a lot of people on this board that like to play dog pile on any ads posted as if their opinion mattered. This happens here again and again and again, and I've only been on here a few months. Isn't this sort of thing against the rules? If not, it should be.

Why do some of you think weighing in with your negative comments in the least bit helpful in anyway? Do any of you realize that your negative commentary will still be here for years and years, affecting the businesses in question? Do you even care? Moreover, what do you really know about pricing, labor costs, parts sourcing and what it actually takes to be profitable in a business like this? And why run down someone else's ad anyway? What do you know about what they may need to sell it for?

I've got a major expedition build underway, but I've decided to not publish anything at about it on this board because of this very thing. Too many self-righteous judgmental morons here. It will however, be published elsewhere. Frankly, I've decided this board has a very limited usefulness for anyone serious about engaging in research, conversation and communication. And I would NEVER advertise anything here.

You're ruining it for the rest of us with your stupid commentary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke