4x4 Sprinter - $185k

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
For that price, this van better also come with a condo in florida
I thought you were joking, but it seems you are spot on.
71k.jpg

$114,000 in 'improvements'
or
100kcondos.jpg

86scotty

Cynic
Sure the Sprinter van market is nuts and I'm not condoning it, it just is what it is, but for this kind of cheddar it should say Outside Van or Benchmark or be obviously marketed by one of the primo, and I do mean primo, conversion companies. Not just 'a superbly crafted adventure van'.

XploreBaja

Observer
Sure the Sprinter van market is nuts and I'm not condoning it, it just is what it is, but for this kind of cheddar it should say Outside Van or Benchmark or be obviously marketed by one of the primo, and I do mean primo, conversion companies. Not just 'a superbly crafted adventure van'.
Nah - a newly ordered 170 4WD with all the latest including suspension is north of $225K at Outside ... my best friend just ordered his.

FJ SD

Builder
Wild price for this specific build, but youre right... some Outside Van & Benchmark builds can even climb into the 300,000s. Big numbers but if you've got it, why not.

jlcanterbury

I'm just not sure what to think about pricing anymore.

Is there just an endless pool of covid money slushing around?

I have seen a wide range of vehicles both in the camper market, and in the 'unmodified' vehicle market selling for absolutely ridiculous prices lately.

I don't know if this is the beginning of a new normal (i.e. serious inflation), or just a temporary tilt in the balance of supply and demand (read: excess cash).

But yeah, in this case in particular, I actually think this is a really nice build, but it's a pretty simple conversion. I don't know where they justify the conversion adding $110k in value over the base price.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
I'm just not sure what to think about pricing anymore.

Is there just an endless pool of covid money slushing around?

I have seen a wide range of vehicles both in the camper market, and in the 'unmodified' vehicle market selling for absolutely ridiculous prices lately.

I don't know if this is the beginning of a new normal (i.e. serious inflation), or just a temporary tilt in the balance of supply and demand (read: excess cash).

But yeah, in this case in particular, I actually think this is a really nice build, but it's a pretty simple conversion. I don't know where they justify the conversion adding $110k in value over the base price.

Exactly...

There’s recouping SOME of the costs and labor in elaborate builds, and then there’s just straight up taking advantage of people!

This Is most definitely the latter and I honestly don’t even know how people like that sleep at night ??

Reading through the “build list” it’s all subpar stuff, at best. It’s both hilarious and sad at the same time

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne