4x4 motorhome majestic 19G - San Diego Craigslist

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Interesting. I like the Thor/Majestic 19s, but I still haven't been able to confirm if that third "captains" chair near the door can be used or converted to be used with a seatbelt. I'd love to be able to bolt any sort of "normal" car seat into that spot for our kiddo to have a more conventional front-facing seat to ride in since I'm not comfortable putting her in "dinette" style seats.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
5.4 Seems like it might be under powered?
I wonder who did the 4 x 4 conversion?

Curly42

Halcon racing, I believe its the same place as Javier/Crow. Seller Dave Clark I would imagine.
Enough on the forum regarding these places.

Reactions: zip

XTRALND

Halcon racing, I believe its the same place as Javier/Crow. Seller Dave Clark I would imagine.
Enough on the forum regarding these places.
I can never tell from photos what would be a possible red flag. I know the Javier/Crow conversions contain a bunch of them but I can never point them out from these ads...

jlcanterbury

Wow this looks really cool.

I kind of feel like Javier/Crow gets hated on too hard. I know there has been some controversy over their work in the past, but I have seen a lot of seemingly well done rigs from the lately. I have no first hand experience, but I have seen this repeated often, but usually just the same handful of examples from the past to back up the poor reputation.

Anyone have first hand experience or first hand knowledge of recent problems? Just curious whether I should really just run away if I am ever tempted by a J/C truck...

Toddrg

I see a lot of vehicles in San Diego pop up with 4x4 conversions and never mention who did the work. If they were happy/confident in who did the work, you would think it would get mentioned.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Or buy this lo mileage shorty one cheap and have a place you’re fully comfortable with do the 4x4 convo!
Has only @ 85k miles on it and fo’ggedabou the weak 5.4 above, this has that big mutha 460 gasser.

E51D7FD2-499C-4BC7-9AA3-4D47990ED313.jpeg

resolutefool

With the tile shower and household interior (including "wood" flooring) you have to wonder how much that Jamboree weighs...

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I see a lot of vehicles in San Diego pop up with 4x4 conversions and never mention who did the work. If they were happy/confident in who did the work, you would think it would get mentioned.

I live in San Diego, and when I first started seeing these vehicles pop up on craigslist, I Reached out to the person who was selling them. I asked who did the 4 x 4 conversion, and the person wouldn’t tell me.

jlcanterbury

With the tile shower and household interior (including "wood" flooring) you have to wonder how much that Jamboree weighs...

That "tile" looks like peel and stick vinyl. Notice how the tile rounds the shower corner. I doubt this remodel added any weight, looks like they just resurfaced the finishes.

plh

Explorer
Or buy this lo mileage shorty one cheap and have a place you’re fully comfortable with do the 4x4 convo!
Has only @ 85k miles on it and fo’ggedabou the weak 5.4 above, this has that big mutha 460 gasser.

View attachment 650213

Oh the joys of Covid, $18K for a vehicle that would have sold in 2019 for $3k. Even described by the seller: She may be rough around the edges

Herbie,

On my Adventurer 19-RK. Similar layout as the Majestic 19G. ( E-350 SRW 20' ) The barrel seat has a sticker next to it stating that, "it is not to be used during motion." You may? be able to place a steel plate under the camper body in that area of the floor and bolt thru with grade 8 hardware. ( Sandwich. ) The propane tank that sits in this area would likely have to be moved out of the way for instillation.

I think "Curly 42" hit the nail on the head, this unit is on there website as of today;

As for the 5.4, I think it is a good motor for a small MH like this ( even a 4x4. ) if your not towing. It will shift a lot! going up hills. If you are into a slow drive for MPG this is the one. ( 14mpg can be had at 60mph. 2wd. ) If your in a hurry or have to tow regularly, get the 6.8 V 10 or the newer ones with the de tuned Godzilla. You will be able to pass anything on the road except a gas station. I have almost 180k on my 5.4 and it has been great so far.

Safe travels,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior